• Northwest PA
  • Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? (p.3)
2012/03/02 09:24:12
1MOFISH
thanks frost saved me 50$
GOD BLESS
mo
2012/03/02 12:37:36
frost
No problem MO. Calling for 25-35mph with gusts over 50 outa the SW that lake will be rocking.
2012/03/02 15:50:14
1MOFISH
there are few places to hide and then the fish wont be there either opened up the boat today 51 degrees and sunny kicked out the squirell vacuumed and scrubbed then it got cloudy and started spitten have to save electronics for next week 60's and sunny gonna get a lot of warm rain tonight should turn on the eyes with the warm water flow might draw them in shallow as you said its a wait and see
GOD BLESS
mo
2012/03/03 22:11:12
jmat
Are there any launches with docks in yet? Or do you have to get in the water to get into the boat? Did that before at Shenango. Not fun.
2012/03/03 23:21:34
Handline

ORIGINAL: jmat

Are there any launches with docks in yet? Or do you have to get in the water to get into the boat? Did that before at Shenango. Not fun.

Not sure why one would have to go in the water to get in a boat, just because there isnt a dock.

I can smoothly launch and trailer my boat with out a dock, with no help, and not get wet.

2012/03/04 00:59:29
TastyTrout
If there's no dock in and you back the boat into the water then there's no dock to walk out on to get into the thing. If you have a boat setup where you can back your boat right off the trailer then more power to you.
2012/03/04 06:51:38
Jefff
it depends on the boat/trailer setup. I am adding guide poles to my trailer for windy days. They make such a difference.

and I always carry a set of hip waders when I take the boat out, just in case u have to get wet
2012/03/04 07:54:24
Handline

ORIGINAL: TastyTrout

If there's no dock in and you back the boat into the water then there's no dock to walk out on to get into the thing. If you have a boat setup where you can back your boat right off the trailer then more power to you.

I know that if there is no dock in, then there no dock to walk out on. All trailerable boats I know of come off the trailer after backing in to the water, any other way would be alot harder. HAHA

Please rephrase what you were trying to write, as it makes little sense

I am floored by the amount of people every year I watch launch and trailer their boats, making it harder than it is. Does any one ever stop and ask themselfs "is there a better way?"

One of several ways to stay dry on launching, tie a long rope on a clete in the front of your boat, tie the other end to your car,truck, front of trailer... ready the boat to launch. Back in the water, when the boat is seen just starting to float hit the brakes hard, it helps if you are going a couple MPH. the boat keep going generally enough get off the trailer, if not back up a little more and hit brakes again. Now put in to drive and drive forawrd evough to get to the rope thats tied to your car and untie and pull your boat to the shore. Tie the boat off, park your car, then climb in, if done correctly you do not get wet.

If you had a fishing buddy with you let him hold the rope, rather than tieing it to your car, it would then go reverse, brake hard, boat floats, drive to your parking spot and have buddy pull boat in.

There are several more ways to launch a boat and stay dry. I just cant understand why someone would think they have to get wet just to launch a boat.

2012/03/04 08:23:31
Jefff
It depends a lot on the angle of the ramp as well. If the ramp is steep, its windy out, and you don't have trailer guide posts, its a b!tch to keep the back of the boat straight to line it up to pull it out of the water. Doing this by yourself makes it even harder. I always have someone with me so they can get in the truck and pull it out while I wade in and keep it centered on the trailer. All of this is a trailer w/o guide posts tho. Add them on and you're set.

Regardless I fish from the boat with another person 99% of the time. Extra hands are key on the water, esp if trouble should arise.
2012/03/04 09:08:09
Handline
Jefff, when you are dealing with a steep ramp, i found that backing your trailer in not far into the water is key. Aloow the front of your boat to hit your bunks and let the bunks guide you. All you need is the front of the boat tied down with the winch, even if it isnt all the way up to the front. Get it snapped in and pulled tight, the boat will not fall off.

Then pull the rigg up on dry land, finish hand cranking the boat to the front with the winch. The boat will likely need to be centered in the rear. That can be done with some pushing and rocking, i do it all the time, even with my 20footer with an I/O. it doesnt take much. Then strap it down.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account