• Northwest PA
  • Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet??
2012/02/18 18:21:11
wallyeye
Anybody catchin walleys from the boats yet?? is there any ice??
2012/02/18 19:38:11
wade alexander
pffft... prolly never stopped if you wantd to
2012/02/18 21:00:41
frost
Pa shoreline is iced up, but 90+% of the lake is wide open. Come this weeks warm up it'll be completely open again. I know I have seen some boats out there over the last few weeks. Don't know if anyone has been catching anything. I can't wait to just get out I don't even care if I catch anything, just to get out fishing again will be great. Shot some geese today trying to pass some time till I can set a line. Only problem with living 5 mins from Pymy is having to drive to hunt the geese, but it was well worth the drive today.
2012/02/19 16:45:38
Jefff
i'm planning a trip up with the boat for the first week of march. hopefully they will be turned on
2012/02/19 19:03:36
wallyeye
me also jeff thinkin about getting the boat out and trying it!!
2012/02/19 22:10:35
frost
I'll be pulling the boat out as soon as the ice is completely gone. I got iced out of the launch a few years ago when I went out and some ice floated against the launch that I couldn't break through. Talk about a fun time, throw the anchor and get it stuck in the ice then tow it out far enough to get around it haha
2012/02/20 08:57:39
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: frost

I'll be pulling the boat out as soon as the ice is completely gone. I got iced out of the launch a few years ago when I went out and some ice floated against the launch that I couldn't break through. Talk about a fun time, throw the anchor and get it stuck in the ice then tow it out far enough to get around it haha

You could have just kept fishing until it all melted...
2012/02/20 11:25:07
frost
I had work the next day or I would have stayed out all night. It was a little nerve racking cause my 9.9 had just enough in her to push me and pull the ice luckily the ice wasn't much bigger or I don't think I would have gotten it out of the way. It was a fun experience though. One that I can check off the list of things I've done and hope to not have to do again haha
2012/02/21 19:49:04
streamerfisher1
now that is what i call a hard core boat fisherman some one that really loves to fish and knows how to get it done.
2012/02/23 12:45:55
mikethehelopilot
Boat gets serviced on Tuesday! Gonna try again this year. Last year was the first year in the area in about 10+ years. Didn't have much luck and got a late start. Going to start early this year and see if I can manage a few fish.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account