2012/03/03 15:12:56
BoroMusky
It opens the 3rd saturday in june. Can you still target them?
2012/03/03 18:04:49
Handline
Why are you asking the us?

This is your trip, and you will be out of your country of cittizenship. I would think you should be looking this up on a cannadian website that also would have your requirements for fishing lisense info as well. Or maybe making a phone call or two.

I would not want to be the person who gets busted by a fish cop up there and your only excusse would be "people on my fishing forum said i could"
2012/03/05 21:51:03
sprint219
You just have to love it when a guy asks for help, and tells you how he is going to do it anyway!
2012/03/06 14:23:41
muskefisher
i would not advise targeting muskies before season. fish wardens are not as lenient and can be downright nasty. friends had bad experience on pigeon lake few years ago. prepare for black flies & mosquitos.
2012/03/06 14:31:30
muskefisher
i have to agree with handline about hiring a guide the first day or two. we went to the french and theres so much water. finally after 4 days of tough fishing, we got a guide and it was worth every cent. going in may could be tough enough when dealing with cold water & iceout at least a guide could really help.
2012/03/06 15:35:21
BoroMusky
Ya, I think that's what we're gunna do. We went to the Outdoor convention this weekend and talked to several outfitters. A couple of them look good; we haven't decided which one yet though. For the first day we are gunna book a guide to hopefully get the pattern down. Outfitters that we like are on the French, Lake Ni****ing and rivers flowing into Ni****ing.
2012/03/08 20:31:41
muskefisher
good luck & prepare for any kind of weather. may is really iffy up north. we used to go to kipawa in june. one year it was 70 degrees the next never got out of the forties & the snow had just melted a week earlier. if i had my choice september is great & no bugs
2012/03/08 22:31:28
CroatianSensation
Be sure to check on the regs. In most Ontario areas, muskies don't come it until the first or second week in June. No targeting out of season.

If you're looking to do an easy "drive to" fishing experience, you may consider the Kawartha Lakes....Pigeon, Buckhorn, Chemong, Sturgeon, Balsam and Cameron are all good choices for muskie fishing. Only about a 6-7 hr drive. Good Luck!
2012/03/12 15:17:39
musky bound
we go to jack lake not far from kawartha lakes and it does not come in till first weekend in june. water temps opening day usually around 65 to 70 degrees depending on sun shine.weed growth usaully just getting started.we are heading up for the 3rd full week in june seems to be the best week for us in june.
2012/03/13 08:48:42
BoroMusky
ok cool, I've heard good things about the kawartha region, and that too is def another option for us. Unfortunately, one of our guys had to bail on us so we're not even sure what we're going to do next.  We may even post-pone the trip a couple extra weeks so we can focus primarily on musky.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account