2019/08/17 18:32:14
fallschirmjaeger
We ended up trolling for most of the day with hot 'n tots, flicker shad, worm harnesses and even some spoons.  We also jigged a bit and caught quite a few crappie and one perch.  Best crappie only went 10" but was thick and chunky.  Nothing much to write home about and no walters, but it was a fun day on water I've only ever fished twice before.

I have to say this...the PFBC did us an injustice by ceasing to stock pike there.  Have a shad problem?  STOCK NORTHERNS.  Not every lake in the state needs to be a big bass lake...just my humble opinion.
2019/08/17 20:21:04
BeenThereDoneThat.
Super to hear you had a good day on the lake and did get 'some' fish. ummm, not that I'm askin for "spotburn" or nothin like that but could maybe you hint, where ya was fishin....... so I don't waste my time going there. 😝 just kidding of course, enjoyed your report.🍻

As for Pike being stocked, careful what ya wish for. When Wilhelm first opened it was not difficult to catch those toothy critters most anytime any day. Problem was, not many over "hammer handle" size.

Yummy tasting fish if ya know how to fillet them. Which is a problem with controlling the critters by fishing. Very few anglers fish for em.

Anyways, your post got me thinkin, Wilhelm sounds like a place to visit next week to try out my new marine starting battery.👍

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account