2019/08/15 07:52:14
Lucky13
I think it is "a few ruin it for everyone." 
2019/08/15 08:19:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good read fellas. Perhaps the dumping of fish carcass, back into the waters, was stopped for reasons similar to the thoughts of bassackwards, regarding the dumpster at Walnut.

I'm guessing anglers throwing the remains of thier catch into the lake near or along shore lines only to have, the carcasses wash back.

Wouldn't be a pretty sight on the beach, in the marinas, or public boat launches.

Not good for business, great big gobs of greasy grimy fish guts; mutilated fish meat, hairy pickled piggy feet is what we don't want for lunch today. πŸ€” hmm, probably an age thing but where, have I heard that before?πŸ™„

Anyways, you mean, there actually is something simple like a shampoo? Who knew???

It's been fun, thanks for the giggles.

Good times & tight lines.
2019/08/16 06:04:18
Lucky13
And I forgot my spoon!  Old age strikes all of us eventually!

In NYS you have to be 100 feet away from shore.  So you could bury the guts 100 feet back in the woods on your property or public land (unless there is another ordinance of which I am unaware, but no, that could never happen in the Emperor's Empire State!) or more than 100 feet off shore.

We always clean brook trout immediately, put them in a plastic bag, and add them to the soft sided cooler we use for adult beverages and worm preservation when we pond fish in the Adirondacks.  We got to our favorite pond the first week this year, and as I was worried about the rangers giving us a hard time, I kept the guts in a separate bag for later disposal.  The resident snapping turtle showed up a little while after I cleaned the first fish, and then sat about 5 feet offshore giving us the evil eye because he wasn't finding anything to eat!  When we went back the following week, I threw the guts in the pond for the turtle, who showed up that day before we even put the boats in the pond.  My friend asked me what I would tell the Rangers.  I replied " The law says 'except for immediate consumption', so I'll tell them I ate the guts right away to be incompliance with the law."  He threw the insides from a fish a few feet offshore, and said the snapper was chawing them down before he got done rinsing out the cavity.
I am sure that enforcement of this regulation in remote areas with low pressure is overkill in the law, but I've seen (with my nose) really disgusting scenes along the Great Lakes and in the Finger Lakes before the regulation was enacted. 
2019/08/16 09:44:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Lucky I think ya nailed it..... no law against using parts of fish for bait fish is there?

Just tell the Ranger, due to "old timers" ya forgot to stick it on a hook & line.

πŸ™„I gotta go....
2019/08/16 10:51:10
ZelieSam
This is why all fishing should be done in SALTWATER.  Endless critters to deal with those carcasses no matter where you are.  And the critters you feed are useful and most of the time tasty in their own right.  

Dead fish + dumpsters = bad times.  
2019/08/16 11:24:48
Lucky13
Actually, it is not legal to use fish or parts of fish for bait in most  Adirondack Ponds.  "Use of fish dead or alive" is how they phrase it.

I'll try to remember to bring my saltshaker next time I go fishing, Sam!
2019/08/16 11:47:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Lucky13
Actually, it is not legal to use fish or parts of fish for bait in most Β Adirondack Ponds. Β "Use of fish dead or alive" is how they phrase it.
Β 

Alllllllll nuts.😞
2019/08/16 13:23:23
workcanwait....
You can bring the walleye scraps to me I been fertilizing food plot with them...lots of happy critters in the swamp this summer...WCW
2019/08/16 14:09:00
Lucky13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Lucky13
Actually, it is not legal to use fish or parts of fish for bait in most  Adirondack Ponds.  "Use of fish dead or alive" is how they phrase it.

Alllllllll nuts.😞

I think you can use nuts as long as they don't come from a fish!
2019/08/16 20:02:35
BeenThereDoneThat.
😳 Stop that!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account