2019/08/18 08:04:01
DarDys
Last year, in my area, we got between 2.5X and 3X the normal amount of rain.

This year, we are on track for the average amount, albeit in a different manner. Instead of raining here and there in steady amounts, it is no rain, then a deluge.

With the water table still full from last year, the creeks are higher than normal summer pool and the deluge rains result in flash flooding due to no where in the water table for it to easily go.
2019/08/18 13:18:51
CAPTAIN HOOK
Yep ....maybe some Trout now and then . I predict a record Flathead Catfish out of Shenango Lake in the near future also.  
2019/08/18 17:00:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
Dam I hate when the weather dude is "right as rain"..... 😣 OK so that stunk but, so does this down pour.

"annnnnd a crik ran throu it,...... yes that stinks also..... soooo does this πŸ€—

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2019/08/18 18:33:31
Lucky13
Maybe you could get PFBC to stock it!
2019/08/18 21:21:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈβ¬† Lucky that stuff comin into the BUCKEYE makes it here in the next couple hours, I'm askin for a boat dock. 🐸🐸🐸

NWS dudes reporting 2 to 3" inches of rain fell in an hour.

Meadville reported flooding and NWS has "FLASH FLOOD WATCH" posted for southern Crawford county.

Did I mention CRAPOLA???
2019/08/19 08:24:55
roygpa
On a brighter note, after the Sunday monsoon yesterday, my neighbor in Espyville reported that my french drain that I worked on for two weekends was working as it should. I had already left for home and didn't get to enjoy it.
2019/08/19 08:36:58
Lucky13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good Grief, the darned thing is growin!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.

That's what she said!!!
2019/08/19 09:18:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Lucky13
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good Grief, the darned thing is growin!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.

That's what she said!!!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ What took you so long??? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
2019/08/19 09:30:08
CAPTAIN HOOK
Seems all my life I fight water around the house and bugs outside.....it's never ending !
2019/08/19 09:30:45
BeenThereDoneThat.
roygpa
On a brighter note, after the Sunday monsoon yesterday, my neighbor in Espyville reported that my french drain that I worked on for two weekends was working as it should. I had already left for home and didn't get to enjoy it.

Ain't it great when a plan comes together Roy? Lot of work and not cheap either installing french drains.

TWP says road and ditch work scheduled for area roads soon to start. Hopefully the ditch work will let me install some drainage around my place. I got one of them spots that gets really really squishy when it rains. Plus I'd like to divert the down spouts to the ditch instead of my driveway. High on my bucket list for next spring.

Nice to hear your project is working.

Good times and tight lines.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account