2019/07/02 19:19:36
EMitch
The river here in our neck of the woods is down nearly to normal pool. But guess what the forecast is? Tonight, thunderstorms, tomorrow, hot, humid and off and on thunderstorms, 4th of July, rain. Just about the time the river gets right to fish, it's already too hot and all ya catch is catfish.
2019/07/02 21:16:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
Allllllllll Heck...... emitch I hate it when you're right.

2019/07/05 16:53:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Heads up THE RAINS COMETH

NWS: At 426 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain across the warned area. From one to three inches of
rain have already fallen. Flash flooding is expected to begin
shortly.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Erie, Edinboro, North East, Union City, Girard, Cambridge Springs,
Waterford, Albion, Linesville, Wattsburg, Northwest Harborcreek,
Pymatuning North, Harmonsburg, Pymatuning Central, Harborcreek,
Lawrence Park, Wesleyville, Conneautville, Cranesville and
Springboro.

Additional rainfall amounts of up to 2 inches are possible in the
warned area.
2019/07/05 21:11:25
mopars0
Hey BTDT ... does it say anything about when the Fall fishing will be here ..... lol ... this is crazy !
2019/07/06 00:14:18
BeenThereDoneThat.
We didn't get too much rain in this area but the radar showed some heavy stuff moving slowly through and hanging around to our north east.

Going to be interesting come this winter if this spring and summer are any indication of things to come.   Who knows, maybe the warmest driest winter on record.

Just made our reservation for three months on the Gulf Shores beginning 12/1..... let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
2019/07/06 17:38:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
😵Yowzers😵 Lookout DarDys..... the rains cometh!!!
2019/07/06 17:58:23
Big Tuna
No ice fishing for you.....lol.......We just had over 1.5 of rain in 35 minutes........flooded our main street....water over the curbs.....
2019/07/06 21:48:42
treesparrow
I went to the boot box about a month ago and bought an Under Armor gortex rain coat. Isn't there an old expression " if you can't beat them join em." I went back last week and bought their last one for the wife. They have no more high grade rain coats, and I was told wont have until fall.
    Did fish Pymy couple weeks ago in the rain with my new coat and came home with 5 eyes. My upper body was dry and my bottom was soaked- cheap rain pants.
2019/07/07 07:42:47
DarDys
We got about an inch. Slow and steady. Not like the day before when it was an inch in under 30 minutes.

Where we sit, the weather typically goes around us. To the north and the south, sometimes less than a mile away. Those areas got pounded both days.

It was cool to sit on the lanai watching the lightening show and sheets of rain in the near distance. Reminded me of watch squalls out on the ocean and bay in the Keys that never really make landfall. Except without the nice salt breeze and palm trees, of course.
2019/07/07 09:57:02
BeenThereDoneThat.
Glad to hear you fared well DarDys. Quite a frontal system sweeping south across PA and seem to be taking it's time too.

Watching "WeatherNation" this morning (4/7) I see Allegheny, Westmoreland, & Beaver Counties remain under a "flash" flood warnings.

Few places here in my (new) little piece of Penn's Woods to see those "sheets of rain" passing in yonder sky's but I sure remember seeing those sights, while trailer trucking the plains.

I hear ya about the Palm Trees and ocean breeze too. Funny you mention the Keys as we spent the past two months 'camping' beside a couple that comes to PA to escape the heat and humidity in Florida, during the summer.

In my book, there's just no place like Penn's Woods. 🍻

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account