2013/07/11 09:46:22
srl135
Hey guys, sorry to dig up this thread, but I am heading up to Pymy tomorrow for the 1st time and will be renting a boat out of Espyville so I am looking for any tips on location.  I stick with catch & release, so im not specifically looking to bank on crappie. My top targets are Walleye and Muskie.

Can I just troll around the lake for the muskie or are there specific locations for those elusive guys?

Any suggestions?
2013/07/14 00:24:19
frost
Sorry I didn't see this sooner or I would have replied and tried to help you. How did you do? This brought back some memories for me cause this was from when I lived in Pittsburgh still before moving up here... Now I'm the one peoe are asking advice from haha.

I never really target musky, actually looking to sell my musky gear, I always catch them while fishing for other species mainly bass in the spring. Let us know how you did...
2013/07/14 06:59:40
Tunapursuit
Fished Pymi yesterday 10-3 caught 6 -12" plus crappie and that was tuff. Fished out of Manning and went north from there, caught most off tuttle. Marked many just had a tuff time catching. Tightlines. Ron
2013/07/14 13:34:56
srl135
We did terrible out there on Friday. Fished 8-6 and only picked up 3 perch, not even big for a perch.

We tried lures of all sorts, minnows and worms. The night crawlers were the only attractive bait that day.

We trolled, drifted and anchored out. We were in a rented boat from espyville. Great weekday deals, but no depth finder so I was cautious where I took it.

My guess is that the high pressure system rolling in, along with my lack of knowledge on that water both stacked up against us.

Oh we'll, it was a fun day on a pretty lake.
2013/07/15 06:01:48
TheBlueLagoon
don't feel too bad srl, fished it saturday from 6-4, 6 perch, NO EYES, 8 CATFISH, 3 crappie, and 4 bass. Couldn't buy an EYE, disappointed but any day out is better then a day spent at work.
2013/07/15 17:36:58
StewFc
Is it at the point now that all that's hitting is catfish? You know, you're drifting a jig n crawler, set the hook, feel a nice fish on, the net guy is all prepared to net a nice 'eye and it's a slimy cat. Are we there yet?
2013/07/15 17:57:54
StewFc
Oh, Almost forgot. I saw on the Weather Channel that there has been T storm possibilities for roughly the last 3 weeks...almost everyday. Has it rained quite a bit or is that the WC employing the CYA strategy?
2013/07/16 08:37:18
eye crosser
When trolling try further up in the water column. I found just by accident that the eyes like to suspend in the 15-19 range this time of year.  But you only get about a 2-3 week window to catch them than they go deep.
2013/07/17 07:16:08
Tunapursuit
LOL. I remember last year with the net out looking for an eye only for it to be a cat, happened to me almost every trip. Caught some big cats but wanted the eyes. It took a while but I ended up finding a few eyes. Tightlines.
2019/10/23 12:18:21
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pymy (a/k/a;Pymie)

Had to be up bright and early before noon today for an oilchange appointment. So I thought I'd stop by Snodgrass and see what kind of condition the condition was in.

As hoped, I found there to be beautiful conditions as the early morning sun was lighting up the autumn foilage on the west shore.

Of course I took a few pics and as expected the pics don't come close to showing the true conditions.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Also noticed the abundance of acorns laying on the ground. Unfortunately, these acorns are of the 'red oak' variety so I just left them lay there. Red Oak is just not as sweet as White Oak even when they're roasted over an open fire. Or.... is that chestnuts?? 🤔

Also, did younz know people are actually awake and moving about at that time of morning? 🌞

Attachment(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account