2007/04/11 09:07:23
woodnickle
Jointed chartreuse is killer at night for stripers!
2007/04/12 12:28:39
WaLLeye_Killer
thanks for the info I will try those baits the next time i get to pymy..

good luck to all
2007/04/15 23:21:43
WaLLeye_Killer
anyone having any luck wading  since cold weather hit?
2007/04/16 00:21:27
rapala11
was up tonight, fishing the southend, ohio side.  went to a spot where i always got at least one.  never rolled a fish.  don't know it the spawn is over or if there are few fish here.  wish i had better to report.  there were some guys jigging sonars under the ohio bridge, had a couple, man it was cold out there.
2007/04/21 19:39:56
JeffCoHunter
Fished Pymy today from 8:00 - 3:00 for crappies.  Launched at Jamestown and caught nothing.  I am trying to learn the crappie fishing in this lake but it is frustrating.  I don't seem to have a problem catching crappies elsewhere but seem to have trouble locating them on Pymatuning.  I think next time I am going to try the north end of the lake.  
2007/04/22 03:48:24
ready2fish
JeffCo, this time of year the North end is the place to be. Although I don't fish for crappies at Pymo (bass when I'm there) I see alot of guys doing well inside some of the bays around weeds or on flats in front of the bays. Sometimes the Southern end can be a bit colder this early, it will turn on soon.

Good luck....
2007/04/22 04:48:05
chauncy
Come up to the linesville stump area. 6 to 10ft, between the islands. Buddy took 23 saturday.
2007/04/22 21:07:02
JeffCoHunter
Ready2Fish / Chauncy,

Thank you much for the information.  I will be heading up again in the next two weeks and will definitely try the North end of the lake. 

Does the south end ever produce many crappies during the course of the year or does the structure pretty much make the North end the place to be year-round fro crappie.

I haven't targeted them this year yet, but in years past I have had decent action walleye in the south end out of the Jamestwon launch.

If can ever help either of you with any lakes that I fish, let me know.

JeffCoHunter
2007/04/23 05:51:09
rapala11
have seen fishermen pulling them out of the bay and along the way at new bowers launch, just south of the causeway, ohio side.  we have picked them up off of fishing point, lots of fish, sometimes small.  farther back into that bay, fish the stick-ups.  caution, the water gets shallow. 
2007/04/27 10:57:17
WaLLeye_Killer
have been wading several times with luck anyone else having any luck around the lake..i new to lake so i am still trying to figure out what lures or baits work best..

well good luck to all.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account