2012/03/02 13:09:24
Cold
"even a blind squirrel finds a nut"

Drop, step, smell the nut!
2012/03/02 13:21:51
Big Tuna
Thanks for the honest post Frosty,that da-- paper starts more crap. I don't know why people believe anything they read. It is starting BUT it only gets better,so that why push it,I can wait for showtime.
2012/03/02 13:34:37
Jefff

ORIGINAL: frost

A ton of people must have read that report and flocked up here today. I drive past and there were 10 vehicles in the parking lot. 2 guys in a canoe and the rest on shore. Most jigging some had minnows out. Kinda funny cause I went back about an hour later and half were gone. A few small perch caught and one 14" eye. One guy I talked to said they picked 2 15-16" eyes off the boat the other day. I talked with fish warden and he said he check a few boats the other day and one boat had 2 eyes 17" or so and nothing for the other boats.

Like I said on the other thread, I have 50 hours or so right now and a little 6" perch to show for it. I haven't had the boat out yet so I can't say one way or another in the main lake. I won't even be out trying again till middle of next week, unless the fiancée wants to fish tomorrow cause we're both off. "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" comes to mind with these water temps, so I'm not saying don't come, but I am saying if you want to save some money on gas for a better chance wait at least 2 more weeks or when I say they're there. Most guys know I will post when, where and how I'm catching fish. The spring run at Pymy is no secret, it's been happening for more years than I've been alive, so I'm not spot burning or anything just sharing info which these boards are for.

Much appreciated!
2012/03/02 13:51:45
frost
I'm now a local, last 2 years at least, but if the locals don't know how or where to catch them other than the spillway that's pretty bad. Haha. Plus we can fish it all week where most non locals are up on the weekends cause of work. Come April I'll be fishing 7 days a week before work, after work or my days off. Ome of the perks of living here.
2012/03/02 14:08:20
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: topdog99

locals deserve at least a few weeks of peace before the hoards show up...

I'm not a local exactly but I'd agree with that statement.
2012/03/02 17:38:28
Tunapursuit

ORIGINAL: frost

A ton of people must have read that report and flocked up here today. I drive past and there were 10 vehicles in the parking lot. 2 guys in a canoe and the rest on shore. Most jigging some had minnows out. Kinda funny cause I went back about an hour later and half were gone. A few small perch caught and one 14" eye. One guy I talked to said they picked 2 15-16" eyes off the boat the other day. I talked with fish warden and he said he check a few boats the other day and one boat had 2 eyes 17" or so and nothing for the other boats.

Like I said on the other thread, I have 50 hours or so right now and a little 6" perch to show for it. I haven't had the boat out yet so I can't say one way or another in the main lake. I won't even be out trying again till middle of next week, unless the fiancée wants to fish tomorrow cause we're both off. "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" comes to mind with these water temps, so I'm not saying don't come, but I am saying if you want to save some money on gas for a better chance wait at least 2 more weeks or when I say they're there. Most guys know I will post when, where and how I'm catching fish. The spring run at Pymy is no secret, it's been happening for more years than I've been alive, so I'm not spot burning or anything just sharing info which these boards are for.

the other boats.

Much appreciated it as well.Tightlines. Ron
2012/03/02 20:52:16
NWwalleyeHUNTER7
haha thanks mo.
and yea i dont usuly trust reports from papers or most bait shops
2012/03/03 01:47:06
anatikus
locals deserve at least a few weeks of peace before the hoards show up? really? did they pay more for their liscence then everyone else did? im sorry man....touron or not, i dont see the difference. 100 locals or 100 tourists either way its a mess right? i lived in espyville and always stayed out of that clusterfuk. honestly, i wish the state would close the season for eyes there from march till may just to up the numbers in the lake.........but thats just my opinion.
2012/03/03 08:33:57
Big Tuna
I would not go to Pymy for eyes,go to L.Erie wade the beaches in front of Walnut,Elk,Trout and Raccoon Cr. Throw big shallow running Long A's bombers (trout pattern) big raps,do not use a light or the rest of fishermen may throw you in the lake.A real chance at a 10lb fish,I've done this a lot, years ago they always caught them the night before! lol I did get on fish a few times every year with 3 being the most I caught in one night. Most fish where big 6-9 lbs. It's just freaks you out to see how many smolts they have in there belly. So to all you STEELHEADERS go eye fishing on the beaches and save the smolts. Last year the big eyes I caught at Pymy had some big perch in them,I'm going to try some raps in perch patterns,but old faithful will get the most. The rain should get them going at Pymy its coming.
2012/03/03 14:10:35
NeFiShNeTiMe
What kind and size raps are good?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account