2012/03/01 17:36:36
NWwalleyeHUNTER7
i always hear about people getting eyes off shore in the spring casting rapellas.
i whent down last year and fished half the night and didnt get anything but it may have been to early in spring.
i dont wana know your spot or anything i just wondered what time of spring you start getting them.
2012/03/01 20:13:31
SmMouthSeeker
Keep reading this forum, you'll know when. Once someone starts catching them, everyone and their brother will be there.

Start thinking about it when the temp starts staying in the 60 degree range.
2012/03/01 21:45:42
NWwalleyeHUNTER7
thanks.
its just a long drive for me and i dont have alot of money to spend on gas since im in college.
dont think ill ever attempt to go to the spillway from the way you guys make it sound on here haha
2012/03/02 00:49:50
NeFiShNeTiMe
When ya wanna go let me know we can split gas. We can take the boat to
2012/03/02 08:43:52
woodenbobber
Walleye spawn at water temps around 41-50
Early season can be hit and miss
I am going to give it a try becasue I need to get out
Many people have been trying and have come up without a bite
Patience- but for me I need to just feel the water on my waders and take the pole for a walk
Solitude
2012/03/02 08:46:28
Jefff
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/outdoors/s_784407.html

Are people actually catching them yet like this report says?
2012/03/02 08:53:03
TastyTrout
Frost has been giving updates on the "good news at pymatuning" thread. The updates aren't good. I believe he had only caught a small perch in the fishing he's done recently.
2012/03/02 09:11:03
woodenbobber
The reports are glorified in my opinion
sure they are catching them......how many...not many
2012/03/02 09:15:22
1MOFISH

ORIGINAL: NWwalleyeHUNTER7

i always hear about people getting eyes off shore in the spring casting rapellas.
i whent down last year and fished half the night and didnt get anything but it may have been to early in spring.
i dont wana know your spot or anything i just wondered what time of spring you start getting them.

i hear ya jordan the guys on here are great guys wont steer you wrong walleye move great distances in a day when active you can burn up the gas to find them your welcome also to come with me need help to launch boat and attach kicker bad back in all
GOD BLESS
mo
2012/03/02 12:54:51
frost
A ton of people must have read that report and flocked up here today. I drive past and there were 10 vehicles in the parking lot. 2 guys in a canoe and the rest on shore. Most jigging some had minnows out. Kinda funny cause I went back about an hour later and half were gone. A few small perch caught and one 14" eye. One guy I talked to said they picked 2 15-16" eyes off the boat the other day. I talked with fish warden and he said he check a few boats the other day and one boat had 2 eyes 17" or so and nothing for the other boats.

Like I said on the other thread, I have 50 hours or so right now and a little 6" perch to show for it. I haven't had the boat out yet so I can't say one way or another in the main lake. I won't even be out trying again till middle of next week, unless the fiancée wants to fish tomorrow cause we're both off. "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" comes to mind with these water temps, so I'm not saying don't come, but I am saying if you want to save some money on gas for a better chance wait at least 2 more weeks or when I say they're there. Most guys know I will post when, where and how I'm catching fish. The spring run at Pymy is no secret, it's been happening for more years than I've been alive, so I'm not spot burning or anything just sharing info which these boards are for.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account