2012/04/09 09:05:00
troutguy
Its about tradition for me. Spending time with family and friends the night before, telling fish stories and whatnot. Getting up real early in the morning to get our spot on a randow ATW we fish every year for the opener, and just hanging out until 8. I fish for trout year round, as a matter of fact I even caught some trout yesterday and the day before(special regs sections obviously), but opening day is always special. I always fly fish for trout nowadays, but on the opener I always throw live minnows on a spinning outfit. I hate fishing with crowds, thats why I love fishing those tiny wild brookie streams, but I usually end up fishing with great people on opening day. Oh and its always a blast watching the little ones getting into their first fish.
2012/04/09 10:21:06
Hammer Handle
I'll be fishing at Pymy but this year my son will be going with my brother and I. It will be his last fishing trip before he goes into the Navy.
2012/04/09 20:54:29
SmMouthSeeker
I'll be sleeping in.

I'll wait until the second or third week and go out when nobody else is fishing.

I'm selfish that way!!!
2012/04/10 01:05:03
moooooo4me
did a little scouting today on the creeks and got 3 palaminos scoped out 2 of them r easily 23+ and the 1 is a solid 17-19''

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account