2012/03/30 23:55:59
The Predator
Hi guys any reports on the crappie up there. I wanted to take my daughter up for some fishing when they move out of the deep water into the bays. I know I may be a little early but wanted to get a handle on the bit now so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance
2012/03/31 17:50:22
jmat
Crappie have been hot for the last few weeks.
2012/03/31 19:42:00
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
3hrs today and only managed 2 bites. Marked lots o' fish, just no takers. Surface temp was quite a bit colder than last weekend.
2012/03/31 20:24:45
The Predator
I'm assuming for the most part the bite is still in the deeper water. Are there any fish being caught in the bays yet consistently.

2012/03/31 20:44:10
CAP78
Fished the south end two weeks ago and caught them in a bay...full of eggs.  The warm weather had them in early, they may have already moved out.
2012/03/31 21:32:32
jmat
The last couple of weeks I have had luck up near Linesville in the stumps. Heading up tomorrow. Crappie Slayer did it slow down that much? I got 17 last weekend and probably 15 or 16 the weekend before. Also got a few perch. I don't keep them anyway just like to fish for them. If they are slow now I may just troll for some eyes or cats.
2012/03/31 22:28:45
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Got there late in the afternoon and there wasn't a sigle boat fishing the stumps. We fished where we hit them last weekend and nothing. Moved to a little deeper spot and found some fish, but wouldn't bite. Few guys I talked to said it was pretty slow for them too, only managed a few small perch. Gonna try in the morning and see if the fish are a little more active.
2012/04/01 06:48:19
Tunapursuit
Crappie Slayer, Same here, shallows were quiet but marked fish in deeper water,no takers just the perch. I feel things are locked up for now, surface temps were 49% to 52% depending on what cove you hit. The drop in temps certainly slowed things down a little, need another warm up. But did find some eyes. Tightlines, Ron

ORIGINAL: CRAPPIE_SLAYER

Got there late in the afternoon and there wasn't a sigle boat fishing the stumps. We fished where we hit them last weekend and nothing. Moved to a little deeper spot and found some fish, but wouldn't bite. Few guys I talked to said it was pretty slow for them too, only managed a few small perch. Gonna try in the morning and see if the fish are a little more active.

2012/04/01 10:30:15
The Predator
I guess we'll see what mother nature has to offer us this coming week right now it doesn't look "to bad". One thing for sure we know at some point its gonna get better.
Keep um hooked guys
Thanks
2012/04/01 18:34:29
NeFiShNeTiMe
We crushed eyes last night. Must of been in the wrong area!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account