2012/04/23 13:00:48
outasync
If your not too far id try shenango river by the bridge in new hamburgh theres always a bunch of carp down stream from there if your not too far pm me and ill give ya some decent areas to try in there. The amish tend to do a decent job cleaning upt he carp at wilhelm and leave nice piles of the stinky things on the bank. Its a nice smell in july when they get nice and ripe lol
2012/04/23 13:19:29
Josh7388
the fish would be going for coon and mink bait for when trapping rolls around, and it is legal, a way to get me to send more time outdoors, and i love to archery hunt too so just extending my season wth practice shooting. As for the mink and coon the get skinned and the pelts get sold.
2012/04/23 18:39:52
fishin coyote
Josh,
Not sure where your at but Geneva swamps has some.
Mike
2012/04/23 18:52:06
BloodyHand
Bowfishing, Clubbing, Dynamite, Litle Cleos...........................Whats the difference?

BH
2012/04/23 19:10:23
harrypelles

ORIGINAL: BloodyHand

Bowfishing, Clubbing, Dynamite, Litle Cleos...........................Whats the difference?

BH

2012/04/23 19:53:55
wade alexander
minks are pretty sweet, my old man has a really nice one mounted is pretty. have never seen one in the wild and looking at it i can see why
2012/04/23 23:37:35
Josh7388
fishin coyote, would that be wadeable?
2012/04/24 02:53:48
thunderpole
Josh, try Pym at night wit a light or the river big or lil shanango ,there everwhere and in creeks flowing in iv caught them. By hand you could smoke them wit a bow its was ankle deep, ganeva proly gets pretty sinky Idk just guessing,and orangevill at the river is good or sharpsvill dam,and iv never used carp before but I canned up some whitebass and it worked awesome in dirt holes in woods woods on big coon and even caught a red Fox couldn't believe it ha
2012/04/24 08:11:04
slabdaddy
Josh, I bowfish Mahoning Creek. I use a recurve and just old aluminum arrows. I don't have a special rig or anything. Just old bent arrows, or missing fletch, or too long for my other bow etc. I wade and shoot, then chase my arrow around sometimes. It's pretty fun. A little cold to do that now, but when the water warms up, it's a blast. The fish that I kill become cutbait, turtle bait, coon bait, or fertilizer for my garden. It's really alot of fun and helps hone your skills. If you don't already, try groundhog hunting with a recurve. It's very fun. It's a little easier when the hay gets about a foot high. You can sneak up on them a little easier.
2012/04/24 18:31:19
fishin coyote
Josh,
Although parts are wadeable(sp)I'd stick with the spots that near the rds or get a canoe and have fun
Mike

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account