• Northwest PA
  • can a car tow a small bass boat less then 800 lbs?
2012/05/25 15:15:55
Fishjoeunion
Kia spectra 2006  should this be fine to tow a small 14 inch boat 3 man  its fiber glass so its Very light to carry. We installed the hitch to the trunk of the car  its secured because I already stand on it to make sure and I am like 275 lbs boat is like 700 I think or less.
All were going use it for is lake leboeuf and canadohta lake which is 9 miles from our house. Are should we just place it on the top of our car for now tell we can get a Suv this summer.  its a small Fishing boat with a 7.5 motor
2012/05/25 15:35:38
slabdaddy
Depends on how many hills you have to climb. Also, will your hitch be high enough? You might find that the tongue drags. You may have to buy a hitch with a 5" drop and put it in upside down so that it is 5" higher. The best advice I can give you is to hook up to it and go for a little spin close to home and get a feel for it. I've done crazier things... LOL! Let me know how it works out for you.
2012/05/25 15:47:33
Fishjoeunion
Ya I'm going be getting a good hitch extension from Walmart soon as my step dad comes its all flat ground from Union city to the Lake even small hills to Erie the way we drive. We had to cut of the Tow hitch and we already towed a snow plow out of a ditch this winter with the car LOL. I cant wait till we get  a truck.  I just hate fishing on the Dang shore I have all this musky gear going to waist.
ill get back with a picture later of us Towing it  I hope it does work I know my dad cars has allot of horse power too

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account