2012/05/23 01:14:39
skeelol
I'm headed up to NY for the holiday weekend(coming from Pittsburgh), and was wondering if anyone could direct me to any streams within 15 minutes of Route 119 and/or 219. I hear there's some superb wild trout streams in the National Forest, and hoping I don't have to hike 5 miles to get to them as I will not have a lot of time to fish. Doesn't have to be a wild trout stream, of even a stream for that matter I would just like to take some short stops for a breather and fish. 
2012/05/23 06:18:16
mook14
219 runs along west branch clarion from Willcox to Lantz corners then crosses kinzua creek near Westline
2012/05/23 21:03:42
Erie Mako
mook14

219 runs along west branch clarion from Willcox to Lantz corners then crosses kinzua creek near Westline

Make sure to check the regs. for that area if you fish along there, some of it is FFO and some is C&R Only.

Along 119 between Punxsutawney and DuBois is Mahoaning Creek...Eyes, Cats, Smallies Trout and Panfish and assorted other stuff that come up out of Mahoaning Dam.

Just North of Punxsy is Cloe Lake...stocked Trout and other assorted species.
DuBois has Kyle Lake...similar to Cloe.
North of DuBois is Toby Creek that runs right through Brockway.

Further North of Ridgway is Twin Lakes at Wilcox...stocked Trout
Up around Bradford there are several Trout streams along 219, also Kinzua Reservoir is close by.

Across the NY border there is the Ally. River...but for some of that area you need a Seneca Nation license since it is in Reservation Land.

HTH

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account