2012/05/31 19:26:57
Hofadam52
Very new to the night striper fishing game have very little expeirence. Went out one time to Aurthur and caught nothing. Went out another time and caught a nice one. Want to try Shenango but my dad says the cold weather for this weekend will make the fishing no good. What do you guys think? should we give it a try or will it not be worth the ride?
2012/05/31 23:31:01
spoonchucker
Can't speak for Shenango ( not sure there IS a night bite ), but once it's consistent at Arthur, minor cold fronts have little effect. If any.
2012/06/01 09:25:11
eye crosser
There is sort of a night bite at Shenango.  But it's mostly a happen stance opportunity.  If you go for crappies at night you might get a striper just by chance.  But to just go and target stripers at night  would be a waste of time.  Marking a lot of stripers right now along the deep water out in front of the marina.  Got one 20 incher the other day while trolling for eyes.  Have been watching the water and not seeing many coming to the surface to feed,  they are still down in the water column.  They should start to make the shallow run in the near future.   The smaller fish, gills and perch are starting to over run the shallows right now.   Hit a mid lake hump yesterday and the gills were every where.  Couldn't keep 2 rods in the water.   As soon as the bait got down to the bottom you had a bite.   All in 10 fow or less.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account