2012/04/03 14:29:00
apolloguy
a couple years ago we wnet down to nebraska bridge to fish with the kids. parked on the side with all the scrub and got out to fish. i noticed something swimming in a sinkhole off the side of the road so watched for a while to see what it was. it was full of young catfish 2-5 in. went back and got a seine and must have netted well over 200 little catfish bullhead i think,put them back in the lake. must have gotten trapped in the hole when high water receded.
2012/04/03 18:36:27
World Famous
Why the heck would you want a bullhead spot???.....WF
2012/04/17 16:08:50
rmcmillen09
Conneaute Creek in Erie county used to be great for yellows and browns but I think the lamprey poison killed them off.
2012/04/17 16:20:25
BenC
I respectfully wonder the same thing.
2012/04/18 11:25:02
fish whisper
I have to agree with Eaton Reservoir fish the **** section you can't keep them off your line
2012/04/26 09:25:35
diamondstud
trout guy fished last night and couldnt keep them off the lines not small but not big either caught about 40 between to people in three hours. this is a very overlooked spot i was at too
2012/05/25 08:36:56
TheBlueLagoon
We fished pymy from shore (linesville area) at night over the weekend with dead fatheads and nightcrawlers, we couldn't keep the bullheads (primarly yellow) off the line. Caught aprroximately 30 between the 2 of us in 3 hours and missed some as well.  All small with a few bigger channels mixed in.
2012/05/25 15:22:02
Fishjoeunion
bullhead dam and union city dam has some big fish but union city **** is hard to walk into its a big hill I have trouble walking and because of my legs but its Great if the water level is above normal for big game fish
2012/05/25 15:51:27
Pachuckles
I was fishing on Pymie out from the Fries Road launch on Wed. this week and caught a bunch of bullheads.  Silvers or Blues and Browns some looked purple....???  Threw them all back....
2012/05/31 15:56:47
troutguy
Pork

French creek & Sugar lake never fail to give up some bullheadz when I night fish 'em.

I was able to make it back up that way last weekend and fished Sugar from shore by the hotel and the PFBC access.  By the hotel I only got gills and crappie, but I wasn't fishing on the bottom.  I did try fishing crawlers on the bottom at the PFBC access but got nothing.  Were you fishing from a boat?  I was also there in the morning so that probably wasn't helping.

Also fished French at Shaws Landing and Cochranton in the evening.  Nothin at Shaws and no bullheads in Cochranton, but did get a nice bass. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account