2012/05/29 12:37:33
thunderpole
Were was the strangest place youv fished and Wat was the strangest unexpected catch you have caught
2012/05/29 14:34:10
slabdaddy
I was out trailriding one day on my fourwheeler with a few friends. Way back in the woods we found a beaver pond. There was no evidence of human visitation here. LOL! I mean it was waaaaayyyy back in the woods. Many of the trails we followed were not fourwheeler trails at all, but wide open game trails and old, grown over logging roads. Anyway, this beaver pond was of impressive size. I used  to carry a telescopic fishing pole with me when I went on these rides. Anyway, I couldn't resist tossing in to see what was there. I really didn't expect to catch anything. Anyway, I didn't have any bait so I started skirting the water looking for a frog. I caught a little frog and hooked it through the lips. It tossed it out and watched it swim across the pond. About a foot before it hit the other side, the water exploded. I had no idea what I had on. It felt like a log. It wouldn't move. I could feel something alive on the line, but I couldn't get it off the bottom. I figured that it had wrapped itself around a log. I gave it some slack to see if it would untangle itself and suddenly my line started moving. I started to reel again and once again, it stopped. This continued for what felt  like hours. Eventually, I got it to the bank. I looked down into the muddy water and couldn't see much. I was going to stick my hand in there to see what I had. Something warned me not to. Glad I didn't. A giant reptilian head broke the surface and peered at me with depthless, cold eyes, full of contempt and anger. It was a snapping turtle. I know the head of that thing was as big as my fist. I never got to see the rest of the turtle because it sank out of sight and took off full-tilt, breaking my line in the process. So, the strangest place I ever fished is also where I hooked one of the strangest things I've ever caught.
2012/05/29 15:20:28
Erie Mako
Once hepled Fisherlady reel in a chimney block down on the Rappahannock River...we were going for Blue Cats though!
2012/05/29 19:01:43
XtopwaterkingX
Used to catch mud cats in a sewer grate haha. I was in 5th grade or so waiting for my school bus on the corner of my street an there was a sewer grate there. sometimes there would be lil cats in there so i would bring some line an a hook an bread, an at least 1 time greenbeans, an catch em b4 the bus came.
2012/05/29 19:40:58
thunderpole
I also caught a nice 25 pound snapper once bass fishing wit a rubber worm I couldn't believe it that was proly my most crazy fishing experience he got ate lol but catching that small northern last weekend at the point of my kayak was pretty sick to
2012/05/29 20:46:17
SmMouthSeeker
I caught a sea gull, a duck, and a mud puppy, all by accident of course.
Both the sea gull and the diving duck was caught when I casted out a Minnie and they went after it, and the mud puppy was caught with worms off the bottom.
2012/05/29 22:47:26
Mags00
I caught a bullfrog while fishing topwater frogs for bass haha... And my girlfriend caught a 14" hellbender in Erie fishing for perch.
2012/05/29 23:32:36
outasync
Dad and i used to fish some ponds with plastic frogs for bullfrogs lol made a great dinner and really easy to catch
2012/05/30 00:43:51
spoonchucker
No particularly unusual spots, but have caught bats, snakes, turtles, and a seagull. the bats frak me out. Hate when you grab a wad of weeds on your line, and it squeaks at you
2012/05/30 01:37:36
thunderpole
I forgot all about the mallard I caught and a huge 6 foot water snake when I was about 10 on a Minnie my dad was upset to say the least ( he wouldn't go near a million dollars if there was a snake beside it ) lol and a bat once and a bunch of frogs never thought to target them that way the snake was most memorable because I say dad I caught a snake all excited and its big he thought it was a gardener until I pulled that bad boy up out the water he was jacked bla bla bla what the beck you doing messing wit that but not in those words haha priceless I still tease him wit snakes its hilarious

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account