2012/06/16 17:06:38
Josh7388
I'm heading down to shenango this Friday. Are wipers or white bass or striped bass any good eating?
2012/06/16 17:09:19
woodnickle
Nope
2012/06/16 17:58:27
CAPTAIN HOOK
Release em...............the fight is way better than the taste.
2012/06/16 20:19:14
Josh7388
Will do if I get any. Hope to maybe get a few catfish too. Anyone been getting cats down there?
2012/06/17 18:56:44
troutguy
Don't know if you're fishin the river or the lake, but I fished the river 3 times in the past week and haven't been doing that well with white bass and hybrids like I have been doing, but still a few.  A couple weeks ago I had much better luck with them, and some real whoppers too. 

I agree with captain hook.  I tried white bass once just for the heck of it, and it wasn't that great.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite.  I'm not a big fish eater though.  They do fight really good, if you hook into a big hybrid you'll know it!  Just make sure you have enough line on your reel or they'll spool ya. 

Oh and I have gotten a few catfish the past few times out too.  Nothin big, but they're fun to catch too.  Btw I also saw a guy at the dam who must of had 20 or more cats on a stringer.  Thats the third time this year I've seen stringers filled with that much catfish.  How many fish can people eat?  I know theres quite a few in that river, but keeping that many I personally think is a much especially if done often.  
2012/06/19 21:18:46
SmMouthSeeker
I like eating them. I find nothing wrong with the taste. Just don't put them on a stringer and throw them into a muddy section of the river. The mud will saturate the flesh and ruin the meat.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account