2012/06/02 00:30:12
RONO
Anyone been fishing the Shenango below the dam?
2012/06/02 06:43:09
wade alexander
which dam... ino below jamestown it is really low havent been to sharpsville in a while
2012/06/02 07:11:01
troutguy
Last time I fished the river in Jamestown was in the middle of May.  Got one eye, 2 smallmouths, and a crappie.  It's real easy to catch a million small gills, crappie, and perch there but I was after the big guys.

I fished the river in Sharpsville by the bridge last weekend and caught a bunch of bass as usual, a few small crappie, and lost a trout at my feet. 

Last time I was below the dam in Sharpsville I only got one white bass, a carp, and 3 hybrids.  Nothin big though.   
2012/06/02 18:56:53
RONO
In Shaprsville.
2012/06/03 16:16:27
CAPTAIN HOOK
Low and slow...................

Yea it's a Quillback..................

Don't know the guy but he caught one nice Pike a few weeks ago.

The Nite Bite ! 

2012/06/03 17:03:21
troutguy
Fished the river yesterday afternoon by the bridge fly fishing.  Did real good with smallmouth bass and 1 crappie. 

Fished it today and they raised the water a bit.  The bass shut down, only had 2 on but they were nice around 16in. or so.  Caught one nice trout by the bridge.  Also right below the dam caught 4 nice hybrids and 1 white bass. Those hybrids are a blast!  The past 3 times I was there I caught a few, and they are awesome fighters! Back farther downstream I ended up getting 2 carp(one on the fly!) and 2 catfish. 

Pics coming once I get them on my computer......
2012/06/03 17:15:16
troutguy

2012/06/04 13:17:08
CU@theriver
floated from the dam to the steel mills on saturday 6-2
boated half a dozen average smallies. all on crankbaits

didnt get a chance to fish for eyes this spring
anybody notice a decline in walleye numbers this spring?
2012/06/04 14:58:02
troutguy
CU, did you put in by the bridge w/ canoes Sat. afternoon?  If so I'm pretty sure I saw you. 

The smallie fishing was MUCH bettter Saturday then it was Sunday.  They completely shut down.  I fished below the dam a handful of times this year with only 1 eye to show, but did pretty well with trout, white bass, and hybrids below the dam and a bunch of smallies and such downstream.
2012/06/04 15:17:18
CU@theriver
TG
yeah, just one canoe, two guys aroun 430pm
i caught abt 50 or more keeper sized eyes last spring and not a one this spring
i also fished about 20 more times last spring

just wondering if the warm winter led to decreased gizzard shad mortality and a high abundance this year.
all those eyes could be full of shad and not very hungry

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account