2012/06/27 01:13:56
Ekaufee17
Ill be taking the kayak up to the clarion river for a trip on Saturday, and was thinking about taking my fishing gear. I live off lake arthur, and fish pymie quite frequently, but haven't done alot of rivver fishing. Any tips or tricks involving the clarion especially? I've heard it can be a pretty dead river in terms of fishing...
2012/06/27 09:33:48
slabdaddy
I guess it depends on which part of the Clarion you plan to fish. I wouldn't say that any of it is a dead river, but some stretches are better than others and different species are more prevalent in different stretches. So, what part of the Clarion do you plan on fishing? There are a lot of fellas on here that know a thousand times more about the river than I do. Hopefully they chime in and help you out.
2012/06/27 10:34:08
Ekaufee17
To be honest I don't even know. Its sort of a family trip, and im not sure if where we're going is even fishable. It could be 4 feet deep for that entire stretch. I just figured if im going to be rafting down the lazy river, I might as well bring some gear with me
2012/06/27 12:25:52
CU@theriver
Without knowing exactly where you are going to float i'd suggest..

Pick 4 miles on a map with the most bends in the river, preferably away from a road.
This will allow for more diversity in river morphology (riffles,runs,pools) and a better chance at nice smallies, cats, and possible trout.

2012/06/27 16:30:49
slabdaddy
CU@theriver

Without knowing exactly where you are going to float i'd suggest..

Pick 4 miles on a map with the most bends in the river, preferably away from a road.
This will allow for more diversity in river morphology (riffles,runs,pools) and a better chance at nice smallies, cats, and possible trout.

+1
Good advice
2012/06/29 10:58:52
Ekaufee17
For all I know it could be one of those incredibly shallow stretches that is only like 3 feet deep. There could be absolutely no fishingoppotunities at all. Imhoping there are though, because I take the kayak to arthur all the time and get pretty darn bored unless I have a pole with me.
2012/06/29 11:09:29
JEB
  • Total Posts : 26
    Reply to message

Re:Clarion? 6 mins. ago ([link=javascript:void(showMsgNum(480368))]permalink[/link])

For all I know it could be one of those incredibly shallow stretches that is only like 3 feet deep. There could be absolutely no fishingoppotunities at all. Imhoping there are though, because I take the kayak to arthur all the time and get pretty darn bored unless I have a pole with me.

Again, you failed to mention where you are going ? If you tell us that, we might be able to help. Telling us what you think the section of river you have never been to might look like doesn't help us or you at all. We need a location to be able to help. I'm no expert on that river, but I have flaoted it before. I am speaking up for the people that were trying to help you, but you wouldn"t provide any info to receive that help.
  • 2012/06/29 12:03:50
    troutguy
    Take your gear ether way, fishing is better than not fishing, no matter what stretch of river you're on.
    2012/06/29 20:44:20
    Ekaufee17
    Oh sorry duh. Its called ridgeway? I believe its north or cook's forest.
    2012/06/29 20:54:24
    Ekaufee17
    Or northeast of clarion. If you want to look at it that way

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account