2012/06/23 16:20:15
thunderpole
Yea iv been iching to go fish for natives iv been doing research trying to find a stream but noone is gona give up a spot ( I understand) so Im just thinking bout burning had and walking time finding my own honey holes ,I love trout fishing bit stockys ant cutting it any more I know there are streams listed bit heavy fished I'd like to find my own spot so to speak
2012/06/23 18:35:17
troutguy
Thunderpole, send me a pm if your interested about brookies. I don't mind helping out with those via pm.
2012/06/25 11:53:16
fiftydollar
I don't think spillways count when it comes to giving out specific locations.  That place was crowded when I was kid a 25 years before the Internet.
2012/06/25 12:16:33
Josh7388
Why the hostility? Its people helping other people out.

Unless I misunderstood your post...
2012/06/25 13:11:29
Josh7388
look, im sorry i didnt mean for this ost to turn into this, the other 2 guys were nice enough to help me out with my first time of being there, i understand where youre coming from but you make it sound like that anyone that posts on this site about how they did and what they caught are criminals...does that make captain hook is in the same catogory as us? when he posts the pics of the good fish he gets out of there? or what about the guys fishing the bay? or pymie? or woodcock?

2012/06/25 13:32:42
fiftydollar
I guess I don't care as much because I don't fish spillways...too many fishmongers and locals who think they own the place.

I do get why td is so sensitive.  I don't like it when someone gets too enthusiastic about one of my flows and gives it a bunch of publicity.  There are ways to be helpful without giving away specifics.  You can just say "Shenango" and go from there.  That gives people about 100 miles of river and lake to consider.  Or you can use the phrase, "local flow."  Tell people what the flow rate, clarity, terrain was like and what tactics you use.  That is actually more helpful in the long run than giving specific location.  Keep well known landmarks out of the pictures.  Share specifics via private messages with people who you see are trustworthy based on their historic posting record.

Spillways are going to get a lot of pressure no matter what.  Like I and others have said.  That place has been packed since way before there was an internet.  You should have seen it when the population in the valley was twice what it is now. 
2012/06/25 13:48:34
Josh7388
Well topdog has spoken. Administrators better shut the site down
2012/06/25 15:53:16
Josh7388
And that's exactly what I did. Went and fished it....with the help of a few guys pointing me in the right direction.

If you noticed there was a lot of talk abou shenango befOre this. Also I didn't ask for spots. I asked what I could expect and general tackle.

But you're right and all knowing and no one has ever helped you or "spot burned" to get you prepared for a place you've never been too....so for that I bow down to you and your obvious infinate fishing wisdom.
2012/06/25 16:02:08
Josh7388
I'll give you an example of what I think spot burning is.

"I stood 43 feet from the left shore in knee deep water right by the big boulder. I cast app 65 feet with a floating jig head with a stinger hook and a whole night crawler with 3 splug shots 18 inches from the jig. I bounced it off the bottom until it hit the eddy and there is where I had most of my hook ups."

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account