2012/06/23 01:16:52
thunderpole
Yup they left pretty quick, I fished hour an a half got one cat thats it noone else caught nothing while I was there,and caught a f-7 rap ,first time iv fished and made out lost 3 jigs and I found a spook today bass fishing at the golfcoarse
2012/06/23 05:07:09
chauncy
thunderpole

15 guys wow only 6 wadin tho ima wait it out 2 gates open my favorite

You guys are posting EXACT spots and you dont expect a lot of company? There's a lot of lurkers that are enjoying your posts too. " You post it, they will come "  Just a heads up in case you didn't realize it. Nothing wrong with it but dont be surprized when you see them there.
2012/06/23 11:57:42
thunderpole
Ha ha funny I quit fishing there cuz of the people and it wasent crowded 2011 opening nite of walleye it was crowded 32 people crossed the river at 11 pm thats just plain retarded wish I had a pic
2012/06/23 12:14:36
thunderpole
Yoh are absolutely right tho chauncy ,im just trying to help people out,I wish you couldn't view the posts unless your a member,I hate moochers,and nomatter Wats said on here there is always gona be a unbelievable amount of fishing preasser down there ,reason no 2 I quit fishing there , I mean look Wat happened to pyme this year every freaking paper said " its gona be the best walleye fishing in 10 Years " ya thanks fishing ant that good and now everyone and there brothers cousins brother is up there dunking worms ,so yea chauncy your right
2012/06/23 12:18:40
Josh7388
the exact spot is kinda hard to deny, i didnt say what rock to stand on but without this thread I would have been going in blind to fishing there, which is fine and ive done that alot at different places, but these guys really helped me out with fishing there and i greatly appreciate it. so yea there will be another guy there fishing more now (me).
2012/06/23 12:32:59
smally hunter
me an 2 friends went up from 830 to 315 and slow was the best way to describe it ... not used to seeing that many people though ... i wish i knew the what not of wading up there ... i have ultra confidence on catching more fish but hate standing in a crowd on such a big river
2012/06/23 12:51:30
Josh7388
I do agree with you on spot burning, but that was not my intention or the intention of the other guys...like someone said even without this site, im betting shenango has been a pretty popular fishery
2012/06/23 13:52:15
thunderpole
Can somone please clarify spot burning? I mean yea saying I fished the second rock ect is spot burning, but its public so its all our spots really I mean actually this site is all spot burning if we say Wat lake what fishing im not trying to be a smart azz but I would like your opinion
2012/06/23 14:24:36
troutguy
First of all, the Shenango has been "spot burned" on here countless times, and is just a flat out popular spot to fish. 

I guess everyones definition of spot burning can be different.  There's no way to burn popular places any more(Shenango, Pyma, etc.), they've already been burned.  Now describing a SPECIFIC ROCK and such and telling people exactly where to cast and what to use I guess would be burning on popular places.  Now saying this small jump-across creek in the middle of nowhere is EXCELLENT for native brookies would be spot burning also, without giving away any access points and such, just simply naming the stream I would consider spot burning.  (BTW there's a gazzilion good brookie streams, no need to burn.) 

And there's usually always a bunch of people fishing Shenango, ever since I started fishing there.
2012/06/23 15:10:56
eye crosser
Shenango always has had a lot of people fishing since the dam was first built.   Heck the river was cowded around that section of the river before the dam was put in.  So a few people around isn't anything new.  If you guys think it's crowded now you should have seen it back in the 60's and 70's.   It was shoulder to shoulder every day all year long.  When the river was fished hard for eyes it wasn't anything to go through 3-5 dozen crawlers a morning. And sometimes you had to wait for a spot to open so you could fish.  And trout fishing was worse, especially when there was in season stocking.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account