2012/06/19 12:32:03
Josh7388
Headin to shenango **** this Friday for all day fishing. Any ideas on what I should be prepared for and what kind of tackle or live bait I should bring? Im planning on taking a bunch of rapalas and mepps
2012/06/19 14:20:16
troutguy
Rapalas and mepps should produce somethin.  The fishings been kinda slow though for just about everything.  A few cats, smallies, and a white bass here and there but nothing amazing. LIke I said in the other thread the white bass and stripers aren't biting as good as they were.  Caught a handful of carp fly fishing in the shallow riffles the other day which was a blast!  Also got a leftover trout too.  Might try it out Thursday again...
2012/06/19 14:31:16
thunderpole
I'm goin tonight after work ill post how I do I usually use jigs and cheap stuff to many snags to loose all my raps iv learned lol
2012/06/19 14:54:16
troutguy
So true!!  I've put a quite a bit of money into that river lol.  I know now not to use lures like $5 and up there. 
2012/06/19 16:44:53
Josh7388
Does anyone use chicken livers for cats up there?
2012/06/19 16:52:47
troutguy
I have once, but the cats there seem to hit a lot of stuff.  I've caught them on Gulp minnows, jig + worms, live minnows and worms, and I know they are occasionally caught on different lures and flies.  I have seen liver containers left on teh shore though.  That place is a dump though as are a lot of popular spots, lots of garbage.  Very Sad. People are just flat-out dumb, trashy, or whatever you wanna call them. 
2012/06/19 17:00:42
Josh7388
That is too bad. I try to pick up what others leave behind whenever I'm somewhere. I can't wait to go fish there tho as I have never been there
2012/06/19 17:05:04
thunderpole
I use to use that nasty stuff not no more!
2012/06/19 17:08:11
troutguy
I try to pick up stuff too, but some places you can fill up multiple bags and it becomes too much.

You'll enjoy it though if the fish are biting.  A wide variety of fish. Fishing off the wall can be productive and also wading.  The only problem with fishing off the wall is if you hook a decent fish you'll have to walk it down and have someone else land it, so I usually prefer wading unless there's nobody on the walls.  Lots of good water downstream too, and if I plan to fish there most of the day often times I'll park at the bridge and walk up to the dam, and fish everywhere in between.  Live minnows should produce everything in that river, just make sure they stay alive though. 
2012/06/19 18:04:43
Josh7388
I will be down there most all day. Whereas the bridge at? Would you pass it on the way to the dam cuz i might do what you said

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account