2012/06/10 11:00:58
Josh7388
Ive been wanting to make it up to fish the **** and downstream some..what could i expect to catch? is the fishing pretty good all summer?
2012/06/10 11:48:21
smally hunter
cant say im speaking for everyone ... but if i was u id stick to the main lake ... this year has been really slow at the dam ... yoou can catch everything thats in the main lake in there so i guess that is the positive but as far as things go even the cats seem to be slow down therer cuz of the low water ...
2012/06/10 13:04:21
Josh7388
id like to do that, but no boat and only really know of one place to fish from shore right by the causeway or whatever it is...right acrss the road from all the carp
2012/06/24 14:27:28
Mags00
The past 2 times I've been at Pymie we haven't done good at the outflow for nothing... Last year it was great you couldn't go without catching something.  Caught my first Tiger Musky there and saw a few nice other ones pulled out, as well as large crappie, and some healthy cats/carp.
2012/06/24 15:57:33
thunderpole
There is good fishing from shore,its hit or miss tho I cant catch jack at the outlet never could
2012/06/24 17:07:53
troutguy
It's an ok place to fish, have always enjoyed it but the fish catching isn't the best.  It's really easy to catch a bunch of little crappie, bluegills, and perch there.  Nothin big.  I've caught eyes in there also, but don't expect to catch a ton.  There's the occasional largemouth, and I've caught a few small smallmouths in there.  I have only ever hooked up with one muskie there, but I know they're there.  Caught a pike a few years ago.  There's that fishing platform, but it's always filled with the 3in bluegill and crappie hunters.  Sad seeing every little guy goin in the buckets.  You can see a few carp swimmin around once in a while.
2012/06/26 22:06:38
Mags00
The one time I was there a 2 years ago a guy was telling me at the little dam he caught a nice 23" Walleye but didn't have any pics to prove it, but I've seen 45"+ Musky pulled out and my girlfriend has pulled out a 18" Walleye at the outflow of the dam, so they are in there just depends on the time of year and how many people fish/keep out of it...
2012/06/26 22:49:30
donpgh
Josh,
Day rates for rental boats are cheap there (M-F usually 8-6) -- or find someone to split the cost with you.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account