• Northwest PA
  • 7/5/2012 fishing report LAKE ERIE (Walnut Creek Area)
2012/07/05 22:31:37
Sergeant Major
Well we headed out of Walnut creek access area today to check the eye bite. I decided to head toward the Ohio Line and stopped in 59Ft of water due north of Elk creek and trolled north and south between 59 and 72 ft of water. Well I had the same experience as I had at Geneva and did not mark alot of fish but the rods started bending and cooler was filling pretty good. I finally settled into the 59 to 64ft area due to the consistant eye catch in that area. We ended at 1 PM and had 22 pig eyes in the box. They were still biting when we left but I had my sons game to go to. The biggest eye we got was 10.5lbs and 31 inches but we had only a couple of eyes under 24 inches. We also lost about 7 at the boat including a very lucky 24 incher that swam out of the net to my friends suprise. He didnt lift the net quick enough when the hook came out. Caught only one sheephead and about a dozen white bass. The best producer hands down for us was the 27lb test lead core 6 to 7 colors back with yellow and black worm harness. Anything green or yellow was good. Then came the down riggers with about 8 fish taken on them at 49 to 52ft down also with meat on them. Dipseys at 31/2 setting between 110 and 130 took a few also with meat. Never got an eye on spoon or plastic today for some reason. Good Luck and be safe.
2012/07/07 15:41:32
slabdaddy
Sir, you have no idea how badly I need a day like that...
2012/07/07 17:25:01
mikethehelopilot
That sounds better than my last two skunk sessions out of Northeast.
2012/07/07 22:01:09
Sergeant Major
SLABDADDY
We got plenty of time to get out after some eyes together. Family always comes first but i always keep it in my mind to take care of myself every so often so i continue to be strong for them. I plan on going this Wednesday or Thursday or even both if the waves are right. I am going to launch from walnut. I also did some more in depth check of my fishing numbers and realized i was out between Godfrey and trout run instead of elk. Sorry guys but on the up side you dont have to go as far from Walnut. I will update after this weeks trip.
2012/07/07 23:56:20
slabdaddy
Your wisdom is duly noted, sir. A break would be very welcome at this point. Tomorrow is my birthday and the next day is my little boy's birthday so we are having a party for the both of us tomorrow. Next weekend, I finally get a break. I think I'll be going to Pymie with my best friend. I'm restricted to weekends only since I've been called back to work. Perhaps an evening or night fishing trip sometime? Have you ever trolled at night for walleye?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account