2012/07/03 12:50:12
mopars0
slabdaddy

I took my boat. It's just a 13' aluminum shallow V. No probs with it, but IDK about a 16' Sylvan. Water is lower than I've ever seen it. Lots of cabbage at the launch. You better have paddles or one of those high-powered trolling motors just to get out of the shallows. I have a 32lb thrust motor and the salad bogged it down so bad that I had to lift it almost out of the water just to get past the weeds. You could probably launch yours, but you might have to push it off of the trailer and winch it back on.
Thanks Slabby....I have a 50 lb thrust motor and have already got into salad stuff at Wilhelm and almost got in trouble but made it out....I've always liked Kahle but since all the stuff going on with the **** I've stayed away.....might have to drive down and check things out... need new places closer then pym

2012/07/03 12:54:33
mopars0
Road Runner

mopars I have a 16 foot alumacraft I can get it in and out of there with a little work .  You would be fine as long as you dont mind getting a little wet
Thanks RR....going to have to drive down and check things out.....don't mind getting wet but don't want wet and muddy...lol

2012/07/03 23:29:44
slabdaddy
Sorry Steve, but you'll probably get muddy too! LOL! Wear crocs. Mud washes right off! Better yet, take someone with you and make them get wet and muddy.
2012/07/11 09:38:14
CU@theriver
has anyone been to the north launch in the last week?

i went last night and there were fish heads and dead mammal  carcasses floating in the water..what a mess
smells horrible and is a disgrace to nice lake
will be calling the FBC tonight about it.
2012/07/11 11:34:18
slabdaddy
CU@theriver

has anyone been to the north launch in the last week?

i went last night and they're were fish heads and dead mammal  carcasses floating in the water..what a mess
smells horrible and is a disgrace to nice lake
will be calling the FBC tonight about it.

That's disgusting. I dont'  understand why people who profess to love fishing do such nasty stuff to the waters they "love." Ya know, I always come out of the south launch and when I night fish, I always hear people down by the north launch partying. It might be 3AM when I leave, but there is still always someone over there hootin' and hollerin'.
2012/07/11 12:48:51
CU@theriver
I'm completely baffled by it honestly.. Just doesn't even sense why that mess would be there.
Made the phone call today to the FBC, would love to see someone get pinned for doing that. Completely senseless.
Everyone likes to complain about gas drilling affecting water but yet there are people destroying their own facilities...

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account