2012/06/28 08:27:32
wirenut45
s.d., are you keeping gills or perch from Kahle? do the gills have black speck? do the perch have grubs? i haven,t kept ANY gills or perch from ANYWHERE this year. didnt want to knife any to find speck or grubs,  i won,t eat wormy fish.
2012/06/28 10:55:28
slabdaddy
I haven't kept any from Kahle yet. I actually haven't fished it yet this summer. I'm hoping to go on Sunday. If I go, I'll let you know. My buddy kept perch, crappie, and gills from Kahle 2wks ago and he never said anything about them being wormy, so I'm assuming they were ok.
2012/06/28 13:34:12
bulldog1
You're probably gonna find parasites in most fish taken from warm water, especially shallow lakes like Kahle. They cook up OK, just think of it as added protein...

Although larger grubs would keep me from chowing down...
2012/06/28 17:06:33
slabdaddy
Ya know, I kept a lot of panfish from Kahle last summer, from June til September, and never once saw anything in my fillets.
2012/06/30 22:02:26
slabdaddy
Hit Kahle last night. We didn't light the water on fire, but everything we caught was BIG except for 3 dink crappie. 3 people in 4 hrs brought home 33 fish. Smallest gill 9" and smallest crappie (brought home) was 11". Largest crappie was 14.75 and there were 11 of them 13"+. Pretty decent night. It just took us a while to figure out what they wanted. No worms or grubs in the fillets either.
2012/07/01 07:50:14
Road Runner
lets see some pics
2012/07/01 15:37:33
slabdaddy
Road Runner

lets see some pics

If I had any, I'd show you. LOL! I didn't get home until 4:30AM Saturday morning. I cleaned the fish, took a shower, and went to bed. Like I said, we didn't light 'em on fire. If we had caught more, I would have been more likely to take a pic.
2012/07/01 19:03:03
mopars0
slabdaddy

Road Runner

lets see some pics

If I had any, I'd show you. LOL! I didn't get home until 4:30AM Saturday morning. I cleaned the fish, took a shower, and went to bed. Like I said, we didn't light 'em on fire. If we had caught more, I would have been more likely to take a pic.
I take it you was shore fishing .....or in a boat ? Still haven't made it down that way yet. Would like to get down there but want to use my boat....what ya think? 16' Sylvan......some nice crappies

2012/07/01 22:51:47
slabdaddy
I took my boat. It's just a 13' aluminum shallow V. No probs with it, but IDK about a 16' Sylvan. Water is lower than I've ever seen it. Lots of cabbage at the launch. You better have paddles or one of those high-powered trolling motors just to get out of the shallows. I have a 32lb thrust motor and the salad bogged it down so bad that I had to lift it almost out of the water just to get past the weeds. You could probably launch yours, but you might have to push it off of the trailer and winch it back on.
2012/07/03 07:30:24
Road Runner
mopars I have a 16 foot alumacraft I can get it in and out of there with a little work .  You would be fine as long as you dont mind getting a little wet

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account