• Northwest PA
  • 7/11/12 and 7/12/12 fishing report Lake Erie (Walnut Creek)
2012/07/12 22:49:32
Sergeant Major
Had a pretty good time fishing the last couple of days ended up with a total of 28 eyes in the boat and lost 15 at the boat (New anglers). Well it was pretty much the same program and location as my last post. Most of the eyes were taken in 58 ft of water. The high was my friends 13 year old daughter catching her first eye and it was a dandy at 29 in, which got her a PA certificate. All on worm harnesses that were either green or yellow.
2012/07/12 22:55:33
woodnickle
Sweet! Glad the young lady caught a good un...
2012/07/13 07:49:59
Pork
Thanks for the report Sarg. Glad you got into em!
My dad & his buddy are out there this morning, hope they find them hogs!
That young lady already has my PB beat with her first fish! Congrats!

2012/07/13 09:03:44
freshwaterdrumR
Thanks for the report! Cant wait to get out there tomorrow!
2012/07/13 22:10:52
Sergeant Major
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2012/07/13 23:02:02
Palerydr_2
  Glad to hear yas had some eye catchin luck Sgt. Special congrats to the youngun on catchin the biggun   ... Me n my bud didn't do so well. Went outta walnut at sun up ..fished till 1:00 .. boated one eye   ... fished from 53 fow to 77 fow n threw everything we had at em. Only marked a couple fish here n there..maybe shoulda went further west IDK... seen quite a few other trollers out there but very little yankin goin on.. 2 other boats in the launch when we were .. one had 3 eyes n the other had 1 like us. Ah well.. better luck next time i guess... Always a nice time on the lake fer a day with a fellow retiree ... bad day feeshin is still betta n a good day workin   .. Tight lines !
2012/07/14 09:49:22
Sergeant Major
Paleryder 2

Rough day, I wish I could have been out there with you to track them eyes down. When i was on search mode the other day i did the same i started in 52Fow and went out to 69Fow. I found eyes in 53 and 54. The next time was 57 and 58. When it really slowed i took a trip to the state line but could not mark a fish to save my life. I went back to my start point and hit a pocket of eyes and put 6 in the boat in 20 minutes. I had one of the eyes spit up a 10 in perch.one of my friends was out yesterday and caught 10 eyes with one steelhead he was in 72fow. I talked to a guy that went to the second trench and caught 9 the whole day. The fish are pretty scattered but if you pick up one make sure you circle like a hawk for a little while. Send me a pm if you want and i'll be give you my cell. I plan on being out again on Wednesday or thursday if the waves are right. Lead core line takes about 70 percent if the fish. Good luck

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account