2012/06/07 21:24:38
eye crosser
Hit the Jamestown end this morning.   From 7-7:35 I had 4 keepers in the boat and lost a much larger fish.   All came from 8-10 foot of water. just a half of crawler on a split shot and hook.  The pole with a jig and crawler did absolutely nothing.    They wanted the bait about a foot and half behind the weight. Also caught somewhere in the 30 range of crappies and rock bass. 8-15 foot range.   Tried trolling tots and couldn't get a hit but was fighting the wind and weeds.
2012/06/07 22:06:58
slabdaddy
Awesome. Thank you Eye Crosser. That gives me a starting point.
2012/06/07 22:09:05
Stump Jumper
Went out of Linesville today @ 6:30 a.m. Started out with a glass like lake and by 9:00 the wind was starting good. The water was off color....brown. The wind was coming out of the north west but the waves out of the north, the boats were drifting odd. Fishing was a negative bite. Brought home 12 crappie no eyes using jigs, minnows, worms. A west wind will be a good thing for the weekend. Water level was low, hard to find 7 foot of water. Lots of boats and no one doing real well. Gary U
2012/06/07 22:34:09
slabdaddy
Does anyone do any good there at night? Walleye? Crappie?
2012/06/08 02:47:20
thunderpole
Absolutely at nite from shore I did excellent last year this time for both mostly crappies haven't been out at nite since April my buddy says hes going in a bit then fishing till noon will see how he does lol I told him everything I know as of now thinking hes fishing eyes but will see
2012/06/08 02:56:03
thunderpole
But sat in planning on the stumps wit the ol man drifting hope I can get him on some fish man its been since I was like 12 since wed been out together thats ten years to long he really ant a fisherman now I always invite him but hes not down for it its for some father son bonding my boat my rules where catching fish lol time to school the ol man again might I add I fish minimum 3 times a week if I didn't work 2-1 it be everyday I'm an addict to the outdoors
2012/06/10 13:06:42
thunderpole
Picked up three eyes one legal and about25 monster gills and perch yesterday
2012/06/10 23:19:20
fishinvic
My friend and I went to pymy today first time fishing from a boat there got there at 7:am ,boat prep ( 15 min. ) BS session with other fisherman ( 45 min. ) and on are way.8:00 am out of linesville , anchord and at 1:00 pm called it a day with a grand total of 7 keeper walleye ( 19" to 15" ), 8 ( 10" ) bull gills and 8 ( 10" & 11" ) perch. Had a real fun day.

2012/06/11 14:29:32
Fish5000
My 12 year old son, 8 year old daughter and myself did relatively well this past Friday night for crappies 12-14" at Pyme using fatheads on pencil floats ~ 15" below the float in 8 fow. My daughter caught the largest one! We started at 6PM, action started at 8:30PM and we quit fishing at 9:30PM. The action was so fast for half an hour that I had to quit fishing in order to put them on a stringer and rebait hooks. It's always great to spend time with family and I know they'll remember that night for a long time. They both love eating what they catch!
2012/06/11 22:09:45
slabdaddy
I went out Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday til 4. I caught more walleye in those three days than I have in the last 2 years combined! What a trip! My partner and I caught well over 100 walleyes with double limits of keepers on Sat and Sun. We actually threw some legal ones back in order to keep some bigger ones. We also caught many slab crappie. I think the smallest one was 10.5 and the biggest was 15". We also caught a bunch of bull gills, nice perch, and one giant white bass. It was nearly 2lb. I caught a nice largemouth and quite a few channel cats in the 14-18" range. It was the best fishing trip that I've had in years. I can't wait to go back.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account