2012/08/06 10:55:16
slabdaddy
I looked online for pontoon rentals and the only 3 that I could find were Espyville, Jamestown, and Pandanaram. I was hoping for one below the causeway. I called Jamestown and their prices were nice, but none of the pontoons had a fishfinder. So, if you know of any other pontoon rentals below the causeway, please let me know so that I can give them a call. Thank you.
2012/08/06 11:32:08
woodnickle
I have a portable flasher unit you can use.

Jamestown Watercraft Concession: This facility is located within the 203-slip Jamestown Marina where moorings are administered by Pymatuning State Park. Located in the south end of the park two miles west of Jamestown, PA, a new three-lane launch ramp compliments this facility, which is generally open late March through late October. A variety of rental boats, snacks, bait, tackle and a good selection of fishing gear are available. For more information contact the concessionaire at 724-932-3267.
Espyville Marina Concession: A 184-slip marina accommodates yearly moorings April 1 through October 31 in addition to having a variety of rental watercraft available to lease by the hour, day, or even week. Complimenting the moorings and watercraft rentals, this facility has refreshments, bait, tackle, and a good selection of fishing gear for sale. Located on the northeast side of the 2.5-mile causeway, which bridges the state of Pennsylvania with Ohio, it is easily accessible from PA 285. An 850-foot breakwall doubles as an accessible fishing pier and attracts fisherman as well as boaters and sightseers to this beautiful marina. For more information contact the concessionaire at 724-927-2003.
Linesville Marina Concessionaire: A 170-slip marina accommodates yearly moorings April 1 through October 31, in addition to having a variety of rental watercraft available to lease by the hour, day, or even week. This facility also has snacks, bait, tackle, firewood and a good selection of fishing gear. Located at the “end of the road” two miles west of Linesville off of West Erie Street Extension, it is complimented by other state park facilities including a beach, campground, and cabin area. A 280-foot accessible fishing pier adjacent to this marina is a popular fishing spot in the spring, summer, and early fall. For more information contact the concessionaire at 814-683-4339.
2012/08/06 13:46:51
slabdaddy
Thank you for the offer. Is it a fishfinder or a flasher like a vexi that you would use icefishing?
2012/08/06 19:44:46
woodnickle
Lowrance 2330 flasher.
LOWRANCE DEPTH SOUNDER FLASHER FISH LOCATOR 2330 minneapolis.craigslist.org › ... › for sale / wantedboats - by owner
Date: 2012-07-30, 5:45PM CDT Reply to: ... LOWRANCE 2330 TRI-RANGE FLASHER DEPTH FINDER FISH LOCATOR. THIS UNIT IS NEW. I HAVE HAD IT ...

2012/08/07 09:53:08
Timachro
Get yourself a Hummingbird portable battery operated fishfinder. I have one and it only cost about $100. comes with a clamp u can use on docks or a boat. gives water depth,water temp and shows the fish.
2012/08/07 15:19:01
slabdaddy
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm just going to rent from Espyville and pay to rent their fishfinder. It's too bad that Jamestown doesn't offer the same service. It was very kind to offer me your flasher though. Thanks again.
2012/08/07 15:34:08
A1H Skyraider
Slabdaddy, I have a Lawrance fish finder that I have the transducer mounted on a piece of wood that I clamp to the back of the the boat with a C clamp.  It has gator clips to hook to a battery.  You can borrow it if you want, its just sitting around my garage not being used. dont know where you could clamp it on a toon but if you want to try im in sharpsville area, shoot me a pm.
2012/08/11 20:25:18
slabdaddy
mak, a friend of mine loaned me a setup exactly like that. It worked just fine. Thanks for the offer though! That was very kind of you.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account