2012/07/22 18:29:27
opsman
Haven't been up to the north end in a few weeks  After reading all of the dire reports on here I thought I would ask around first  Not so much for a fishing report, but a water report!  Is the launch in Linesville still usable?  What's the depth like?  I swear last time I was there I was gettig shallow water alarms while running between shore and Harris Island!  Any info would help.  Thanks
2012/07/22 19:58:02
doublebeard
Just up there this past week, still the same. lake is very low.
2012/07/22 20:11:03
opsman
Thanks, but the dock is still viable for a 16'?  And how was the fishing?
2012/07/23 11:21:41
doublebeard
I was at linesville campground and a guy had his boat anchored in a cove, had to wade to get in his boat. hope that tells you what its like. the lake is down 3 to 5 ft, its the worst they have seen it up there. the fishing was good for catfish. talked to the guy in the bait shop at linesville and he told me they havent had a walleye in his shop for a month or so. also the water is WARM.
2012/07/23 11:32:14
opsman
Thanks doublebeard.  As long as I can get in at the dock I'm fine.  Figured it would be slow.  Water temp has to be near 80  Just gonna find the old channel from the spillway and work it out to Tuttle and back.
Seems to me I rememember a time in the sixties when it was a lot lower.
My father used to fish the lake with my uncle bakck when there were NO motors.   My uncle, a carpenter, built a boat with double oarlocks and they used to fish all over the north end,   in fact my dad told me of times early on when it would darn near dry up between the boat house and Harris Island and people would work the flats picks lures and such off of all the the stumps!
Again, thanks for the info.
2012/07/24 15:34:21
chugbug
I launched at Linesville on Saturday with my 16 foot jon boat. I always thought that steep ramp just extended into the water at the same angle. It doesn't. It actually starts to shallow out now after a few feet into the water. My motor hit pretty good where it starts the shallower angle as I was backing down the trailer so I would recommend raising your motor when launching and not trying to "power load" when taking out. The water depth getting out of the marina area is about 1.5 feet. I hit bottom a few times getting in and out but nothing significant. The bass fishing on Saturday was actually quite good.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account