2012/08/11 07:55:50
Bdugg
With all the rain we have had over the past few weeks, I was wondering if the water level has come up, and if so by how much???
2012/08/11 12:22:43
Steel Junkie
Bdugg as of yesterday the lake is still down 32 inches, if anyone is planning on fishing the south end I would have to recommend the Jamestown marina launch as it is the deepest that I know of right now. Snodgrass is probably the second best just try to stay on the right side, it's deeper.
2012/08/11 13:00:58
A1H Skyraider
Have my pontoon docked at Jamestown, Im wondering when I should yank it out.....before I cant get it on its bunk trailer.

Im heading up Tuesday to give fishing a go, be looking for them deep, maybe this colder snap will loosen up some of the lock jaw on the eyes.
2012/08/11 14:16:58
outasync
yeah snodgrass is a little tricky i launched out of it thursday and had to back in up to the front doors on my blazer to get the boat off the trailer.  Hopefully it wont be as bad when i go up monday or tomorrow night if i can find the time
2012/08/11 18:04:19
slabdaddy
Well, just got back from Pymie. It was definately not the best day. The wind was driving me crazy. We caught a few nice perch, a bunch of tiny perch (2-3 inches), a few nice gills, a bunch of dink gills, one decent catfish, and lost a legal eye at the boat. It was fun though. Fishing is always fun.
2012/08/11 19:13:09
catchnfish
was thinking of fishing pymy tomorrow. where would be the best place to launch i heard the lake is pretty low?
2012/08/11 20:23:17
slabdaddy
Jamestown. Go straight across the lake from the launch to the other shore. Find where it breaks from 20-25ft and fish that. All of my keepers came from there. Unfortunately, I didn't find that spot until an hour before we had to leave. If we had been there all day, we probably would have done much better. For the perch, I tied a stinger hook (treb) onto a 3/8 oz jig with about 3" of line. Used a whole crawler and bounced it on the bottom. Didn't miss a single hit after I did that and caught every fish on the stinger.
2012/08/11 20:48:01
catchnfish
thanks, had a few guys tell me it was hard to launch alot of places cause the water was so low i didn't want to make the drive and not be able to fish. thanks again
2012/08/11 21:32:55
slabdaddy
If I were you, I'd still call the marina and tell them how big your boat is and see what they think. We rented a pontoon, but I watched a guy launch a 17ft boat while I was there.
2012/08/11 22:47:21
Lundking
We launched at Jamestown and as far as Pymy goes it's the only launch i would be using right now. As far as depth for those eyes goes dont be afraid to fish a little shallower.. you would be amazed as to how shallow those fish were. I was a little shocked myself, but find some quick drop offs into open water and you should be able to turn a few..

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account