2012/10/06 19:38:17
tire-iron

Why did they bother?
I know the creek is low, but the few fish that was put in wasn't worth the trip!
Shame on our fish commission!
2012/10/06 20:15:38
troutguy
I have never fished Oil in the fall, but on all streams the fall stockings are much lower than the spring stockings.

I fished Neshannock and Cool Spring today.  Both streams were super low as expected, but my brother and I both caught a good amount of trout and had a good time.  Most of the other people we saw didn't have much luck at all though, I'm very sure we outfished everyone,......so they too probably thought the fish commision didn't stock hardly any fish lol

Joking aside, I do agree with you, they should stock more(though money is an issue obviously).
2012/10/07 08:17:10
bearfisherman
Don't worry, this won't be a problem in the future as most fall stockings are going away starting next year.  For those of us that love the fall stockings, it stinks, but can understand the economics of it.
2012/10/07 20:09:50
doubletaper
tire-iron

Why did they bother?
I know the creek is low, but the few fish that was put in wasn't worth the trip!
Shame on our fish commission!

You must have higher expectations than mine.
here's just a FEW i caught today!!!!!

2012/10/07 20:21:50
Accountant
unfortunately my experience was closer to tire irons than DT's.

i walked the entirety of the petroluem center dhalo and had a little success.  then again, i am very inexperienced and was kinda just trying to see whats working and whats not working.  a great walk, and a great day to fish.  perfect perfect perfect weather on saturday. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account