2012/09/04 21:39:55
BoroMusky
Was just at woodcock, and it is lowered at least 5 foot. Could barely get the boat in the water. 1.) Why is it being lowered? 2.) How low are they going to take it? 3.) How long are they going to keep it down? 4.)Can the fish in the lake escape through the dam, or are they trapped in the lake?
2012/09/04 22:15:25
anzomcik
1. It is a flood control lake, the fish are not a primary concern. They drain it to make room for the fall rain and the spring snow melt.

2. It takes them as long as it take to get it to winter pool level, that will depend on the amount of rain we have coming.

3. they keep it down till the spring snow melt off fills her up

4. the fish can escape any time they want as there isnt really any thing holding them in. They escape all the time, but normally the escape rate is higher during a gate opperation.

By the way, they have alot more to drain, found this by searching the internet

"Woodcock Creek Lake was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1936 and has been in full operation since February, 1974. This reservoir project is part of the flood control system operated by the Corps of Engineers for French Creek, Allegheny and Upper Ohio Rivers.
The pool elevation is generally held near 1181.0 from early May until mid-August. If hydrometeorological conditions permit this elevation will be held until as late as the end of October. However, low flow augmentation for water quality releases generally forces a drawdown beginning in early August. A forced drawdown during November and December lowers the pool to 1165.5 by early January. This elevation is held until mid-March, when a gradual filling is allowed to occur so summer pool can be achieved. Periods of heavy rainfall and/or snowmelt will cause rapid and often significant rises"

2012/09/14 19:42:58
Stcroixsteelie
Check it out in mid winter and it doesn't even look like the same lake
2012/09/14 20:38:09
Fish5000
The only time on this site that I saw **** used in a word was to avoid having the word censored. Is that the reason the asterisks were added?  I hope not as that would be absolutely ridiculous as there wasn't any intent to be lewd, offensive or vulgar. There was an attempt to properly state the name of a lake.
2012/09/14 22:08:40
spoonchucker
"The only time on this site that I saw **** used in a word was to avoid having the word censored. Is that the reason the asterisks were added? I hope not as that would be absolutely ridiculous as there wasn't any intent to be lewd, offensive or vulgar."

There is an automatic filter imbeded in the forum's programming.
2012/09/15 16:47:50
Fish5000
spoonchucker

"The only time on this site that I saw **** used in a word was to avoid having the word censored. Is that the reason the asterisks were added? I hope not as that would be absolutely ridiculous as there wasn't any intent to be lewd, offensive or vulgar."

There is an automatic filter imbeded in the forum's programming.

Thanks spoonchucker! I never considered that because more than once I've seen a word that refers to two mens' orientation preferences that was censored while the word for two women doing the same thing wasn't censored. That really didn't make sense to me. I suppose maybe somebody forgot to enter it into the program. Either that or they found the one word offensive and not the other.
2012/09/15 17:15:46
spoonchucker
"Either that or they found the one word offensive and not the other."

I know alot of men do. 
2012/09/16 21:20:53
Fish5000
"Either that or they found the one word offensive and not the other".

"I know alot of men do".

It's funny how many guys think/believe "it seems so natural when it's between women". I'm not passing judgement, justifying or anything else. Just making an observation.
2012/09/21 18:10:42
outasync
Was wondering the current water level. Considering going up this weekend
2012/09/21 20:59:58
wade alexander
i always think with the lake getting smaller it will be easier to catch fish...im always wrong lol... fml

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account