2012/11/09 10:07:01
Hammer Handle
Can you tell me if Manning launch is ok to launch a 17' boat this week-end?  Earlier reports say Jamestown and Linesville only.  Also is anybody catching anything after "Frankenstorm"?
2012/11/09 10:13:20
sprint219
Have you tried calling any of the shops down in the area?  You may get a quicker and more honest response.
2012/11/09 10:15:13
sprint219
I did find this on another site....
http://outdoor-fishing.com/showthread.php?t=3364
2012/11/09 23:18:43
slab nabbit
Saw this late, went by manning this evening. Water is about 12ft from end of concrete block that holds dock when the docks are in. Might be real tough for a 17 footer with no dock in imo. good luck if you go
2012/11/10 20:40:44
Pachuckles
Quite a few boats were launching at Jamestown today.

I fished at the marina along with 25/30 other guys catching gills and crappies. Had to throw a lot back but caught some nice ones.
2012/11/16 13:44:28
woodnickle
More than $8 million in state grant funds will allow improvements to be made at Pymatuning Dam in Crawford County,

The Commonwealth Financing Authority on Thursday approved an H20 flood control grant of $8.8 million to fund the replacement of the control tower at the Pymatuning Dam. In July 2011, the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources discovered that the concrete control tower at the dam was deteriorated. The grant will also fund repairs to the auxiliary spillway at Pymatuning State Park and repaving an access road.

This investment is great news to our area, as it will help fund overall safety enhancements to both the dam and the state park. Both the dam and park are tremendous assets to our community, and it’s vital that we make enhancements to ensure public safety and promote tourism for our local economy.

The grant, which is funded by the Gaming Economic Development Tourism Fund, will benefit upward of several thousand residents and area businesses.
2012/11/17 13:50:19
Daddys Girl
What does the spillway look like these days?  Any pictures after Sandy hit?
2012/11/20 07:57:18
chauncy
Went up to Jamestown area launch and the docks are out. Was a problem getting the second guy into the boat but finally managed with some help from other guys there. After we were done, i took the boat into the marina docks and let my driver get out there and walk down to the truck and trailer as i pulled around to the ramp. That was my last trip there until it ices up or i may go fish the marina docks a couple times before then. Lots of people on the docks.
We caught a dozen crappies, a few perch, and then a bunch of small gills from the docks before i let him off there.
2012/11/20 19:22:16
slabfinder
Is there any docks left in the water? I have one more trip left in me (Friday).
2012/11/20 20:07:53
nw/jigmaster
all the slips stay in year round at jamestown marina...Inside the state park..NW/

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account