2013/01/22 23:26:56
Ekaufee17
Have a hunting camp in clarion right outside town and across the bridge. River definitely freezes and gets some solid ice on it. Has anyone even attempted to ice fish it before? Or am I crazy for even having the thought...
2013/01/23 00:27:48
eyeassassin
I wouldnt advise fishing the ice of any river in pa especially a larger one.  To much risk for a small reward.  Personally i dont know anyone who has or even attempted to ice the clarion so in my mind you are not crazy just have a few screws loose.  lol.  Be careful if you do it. take a PDF and hand spikes.  
2013/01/23 06:35:38
Ekaufee17
I live close enough to lake arthur, pymy, and wilhelm to not have to worry in dabbling in that. I was just curious if anyone had ever done it. I've caught some nice fish out of that river in the summer time
2013/01/23 07:41:32
Road Runner
Its been a few years but I have seem them fishing under both bridges 322 and toby. 
2013/01/23 08:13:45
doubletaper
yes, they ice fish on the Clarion as Road Runner stated. 
Whether they have screws loose is a matter of opinion. i think anyone ice fishing in sub zero weather has a few screws loose or a half bottle of alcohol with them! 
2013/01/23 08:56:02
slabdaddy
Toby has produced some big 'eyes and perch for ice fishermen over the years. I drive over the Clarion every day on my way to work and I'm amazed at how quickly it freezes over. It is locked up right now. I don't know how much ice is there, but by this weekend, there will probably be enough to fish.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account