• Northwest PA
  • Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? (p.3)
2020/03/29 23:25:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Guys & gals, I think Kenny has the best approach but unfortunately, I don't think many people will use such common sense.

I can attest first hand and I'm here to tell you miles of beaches and millions of people, many of them anglers, have been denied access to public waters and parks.

In addition, RV Parks/Camp Grounds are only open (in some states) to folks needing to return home. State parks are delaying the opening of campgrounds.

If you haven't seen or heard about, states on the east coast are beginning to warn of travel as masses attempt leaving the populated cities and migrating to the country/mountains/beaches.

Myself, I'm seeing these folks taking advantage of an extended vacation and heading for camps and summer homes.

It sounds like all y'all are beginning to experience the same results and I'm willing to bet, it will continue to get worse until there comes a vaccine, or we see all public parks and waterways shut down.... which ever comes first.

Be safe, stay well, tight lines.
2020/03/30 15:22:25
treesparrow
   This may unfortunately come to be known as the lost year and I pray not to many more lost lives. I am getting to old to miss out on spending time with my fishing rods for a whole season. If I still had my old Gilbert chemistry set I would start working on a cure. It just might be somewhere between smoke bomb and making water turn into wine.  My wine was awful tasting but my mother could instantly recognize my smoke bombs.
   I know this is not a laughing matter but I have found humor can help lighten a dark reality.
   May all of us and our love ones stay healthy.  
2020/03/30 15:26:57
treesparrow
    If the POTUS can quite golfing I guess I can let the fish relax.
2020/03/30 21:31:21
fishfighter1
South Carolina has just closed everything as well. I'm thinking we won't far behind. Might be time to think about staying home people.

"S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster ordered the state’s beaches and waterways closed to the public, amid concerns crowds enjoying the warm weather could further spread the coronavirus."

“As a result of behavior observed this past weekend by the Department of Natural Resources and SLED, it has become necessary to close public access to our state’s beaches, and close boat ramps and landings on our state’s lakes, rivers and waterways,”

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article241634416.html
2020/03/31 00:21:17
walleye taker
Relax Francis it’s going to be ok. 
2020/03/31 14:54:56
fishfighter1
Well, I guess I'll relax when I don't have to worry about going out and possibly getting sick or passing it along to someone else. I'll relax when I can take my wife to our favorite restaurant. I'll relax when I can go meet my buddies after work for some beer and wings. I'll relax when I can go catch a movie. I'll relax when I launch my boat and not worry about the other 300 guys that touched the hand rails and dock that day. But hey, if you want to be your OWN man and do your OWN thing, then knock yourself out. Statistic's say your wrong. Best of luck to you. Comparing this situation to Native Americans and the US government is short sighted and a real stretch by any imagination. Maybe if you put some thought into this situation as much as you did whining about Tuttle point closing, you'd realize this is turning out to be pretty serious.  I'll let the fishing wait week or two, not worth it IMO.

Counties expanded now under stay at home order:
The best way to stop the spread of disease and protect hospitals from being overwhelmed is to make all Pennsylvanians stay home, Wolf has said. His order remains in effect through April 30. The counties under the order as of March 30 are Allegheny, Beaver, Berks, Bucks, Butler, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Crawford, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Erie, Forest, Franklin, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lawrence, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Pike, Schuylkill, Somerset, Washington, Wayne, Westmoreland and York. 
2020/04/02 19:30:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Welp there all y'all have it, straight from the horse's mouth.

Thanks for putting the link up Crappiefisher.

Take care, be well.
2020/04/02 20:14:21
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
According to the PAFBC I've been doing everything possible to avoid the spread of Covid19 for a number of years....even before it was known about.

Thanks for putting the info out there though crappie. Hopefully everyone is being respectful. I can only imagine the fights breaking out at the spillway over distancing. Might have to ride over this weekend and watch the chit show for a few minutes 😝
2020/04/02 22:21:58
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'd be interested in seeing how the pontoon boats loaded with 12 to 14 Amish will be handled.

Oooops silly me, those folks are all related, from same family... my bad.

I crossed the Espeyville causeway yesterday about 2:30 pm and all the boats looked to be keeping their distance on the southside. The northside had rolling whitecaps so no problem with boats being too close over there.

Good times, be safe, stay well, tight lines.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account