• Northwest PA
  • Are we allowed to launch boats and fish in state parks? (p.2)
2020/03/26 21:13:19
crappiefisher
   North end was packed parking areas, Linesville, Wilson & Red Cross. Didn't even get out ov car those places. Found a place from shore (no one around) (wonder why??) with my brother Steve & I only caught 1 dink Perch in 'bout 2 hrs LOL. Lake was purdy rough but would have been a good Eye chop from boat.

Seagulls have been hitting the fields in front & behind our camp purdy good this week. They look snow covered at times. 

Son fished Arthur with his Girlfriend today. He just messaged me & said he just bought a 17.5' Roughneck Duck boat tonight. Told him he better sell at the least 15 ov his other boats 
2020/03/26 21:24:31
crappiefisher
  Now he messaged me he wants to go look at a Raddison square back 
2020/03/27 09:55:58
ATTE1
Are the boat ramps open at pymy or arthur?
2020/03/27 11:34:23
fishfighter1
Fishing is now banned in Washington State

https://keprtv.com/amp/news/local/recreational-fishing-banned-statewide-fish-and-wildlife-says?fbclid=IwAR0DjeQsUDDIDezKDwhGlv5XHB9lb6_zYmuiPP_FlGV4UrHcR8uE10b_tBU

Here is a quote from the article:
“We’ve seen an uptick in outdoor recreation at some locations in recent weeks as people have looked for ways to get outside,” said WDFW Fish Program Director Kelly Cunningham. “We’ve had reports of crowded boat ramps and busy fishing on some rivers, which runs counter to the governor’s direction to stay home and practice social distancing.”

This could be an omen of things to come.Some boat ramps have been at capacity, as everyone is not working. Boat ramps are becoming choke points for people from all over the Tri state area. They are telling you to stay at home, not drive 2 hours to go to crowded boat ramp on Pymatuning. It will be interesting to see as this virus progresses, what steps will be taken.  If the people won't do it on there own, I guess the government will do it for you. 
2020/03/27 20:42:22
walleye taker
Yes let’s shut everything down hunting fishing ,work, everything. Let the Government run it all they know best right!! Ask the American Indian how that works out in the end. 

I will take my chances on My own before I trust the idiots in government.
2020/03/29 04:09:58
Big Tuna
I've been fishing Pymy and P.I. as of Thursday.....all launches were open..public restrooms closed. Linesville livery was pack one day.....fishing is inconsistent...one day you get them,next day you don't.....
2020/03/29 11:53:23
fishfighter1
So, now that Allegheny, Beaver, Butler & Erie counties are on a stay at home order and I'm sure more counties are to follow. What does that mean fishing wise." Stay at home "seems pretty clear to me , I don't think hooking up your boat and driving to Pymatuning from one of the counties listed fits under the" life sustaining business" heading. How would they inforce? I guess one way would be shut all parks down, ramps and all. I for one can wait a couple weeks, if that what it takes to keep myself or my family from getting sick or possibly passing to someone who just isn't able to fight it or spreading it further to a county like Crawford that just doesn't have the medical facilities to handle a big influx of virus patients. 
2020/03/29 12:32:23
bubbaman
with all the reports of lakes and streams being so full of people fishing, the fish commish better not start crying no money from license sales this year !
2020/03/29 15:33:35
chauncy
Having 3 or more people in a small boat will definitely get the attention of the powers that be, that are looking to enforce the distancing rule. Think smart, be smart. Don’t give them a reason to shut fishing down.
2020/03/29 15:39:40
ICE NUT

As this spreads and it will fishing will be the last thing you'll be thinking about.Dr falci today says likely 100K to 200K people will die from this virus.Sure looks like it will get worse I pray not .Not worried about a few perch or bluegills now worried about all of us!!!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account