2020/01/25 19:18:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Howdy howdy Wilhelm Fans.......

I'll take walleye, N pike, & barn door slabs.

Throw in a few bass too.

Bringing back the original PFBC would be a great thing too.😁
2020/01/29 15:59:53
psu_fish
EMitch
I agree. Bring back the pike. Thoroughbred Northerns, and/or more Muskies, not hybrids that can't reproduce. Do it on Lake Arthur, too.

Well, if Wilhelm was stocked with thoroughbred Northern Pike, and they failed to become self sustaining, wouldn't it be cheaper to stock Tiger Musky, since PFBC already does that? Why go out and source Northern Pike eggs/milt when you already have a Tiger program up and running?

I would like to catch Northerns in Wihlem, but clearly that lake is not compatible for them.
2020/01/29 16:20:39
BeenThereDoneThat.
PSU when Wilhelm first opened we nicknamed it "lake of the hammerhandle".

Northern Pike were a PITA.

I'd much rather deal with over population of N. Pike after the pike deal with the over population of shad.

Takes a big predator to consume big shad.

Tigers are OK too, the more predators the merrier.

Maybe see some younz on Wilhelm this coming season.

Good times & tight lines.
2020/01/29 17:03:24
fallschirmjaeger
Yes tigers, yes pike, yes purebred muskies.... He11 throw some pickerel in there....bowfin? Sure. Anything other than more boring bucket mouths.
2020/01/29 18:25:02
BeenThereDoneThat.
fallschirmjaeger
Yes tigers, yes pike, yes purebred muskies.... He11 throw some pickerel in there....bowfin? Sure. Anything other than more boring bucket mouths.

😁😛

Bucket mouths...... the very cause for the issue at hand and "not" just with Wilhelm.
2020/02/22 15:31:35
mopars0
Not report related but went up around this morning looking for Eagles saw a few and a few brave souls out on the ice by I-79 ....

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2020/02/22 15:33:43
mopars0
Cool eagle picture ....

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2020/02/23 09:20:12
BeenThereDoneThat.
Mopars very cool pictures     I hope winter has been treating all yall well.    Lookin forward to seein your crappie and walleye catching reports this spring.

Good times and tight lines.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account