• Northwest PA
  • Who's ready for some spring bass action?! (p.3)
2013/02/05 17:17:15
ready2fish
As my post said, I use a double-uni knot. The albright knot is also a good one.
2013/02/05 23:02:08
moooooo4me
if you can find a long deep slow hole on your river, last 45 minutes or so of light is your best bet for this lure and ive caught my fair share of smallmouth, largemouth, pike, a few missed muskys, even got an eye once..... as for line i use 15lb power pro braid for most of my lure usage..... i use a dual lock snap no swivel........  hope it helps, heres the lure,,Good Luck

2013/02/06 12:10:59
jmat5
mooooooo,
I see your from New Castle. So am I. You ever fish the quarries out in Hillsville? Some of the best bass fishing in PA. Hard to get back into them now though.
2013/02/06 13:22:35
deetz4352
Im ready for spring bassin. My favorite way is to catch em with a weedless weightless 6" worm. My favorite colors are purple,tequila sunrise, and pumpkin seed, in that order but I have been known to experiment with other colors as well depending on water clarity.

I catch them also on a number of different lures through out the year. Top water rapalla , spook , buzzbaits, spinner bait, cranks, rattletrap, etc...

I use the improved Albright knot to attach my mainline 15lb braid to my flouro leader witch is usually 8-10lb flouro seaguar invizx. I do like that Crazy Alberto (modified Albright) knot , its similar to the improved Albright. Only differnce is the wrapping back to the loop which I dont do in the improved Albright.

DAMMIT , now I have to go re-organize my stuff again. but Im ready foe sho.
2013/02/06 15:58:45
moooooo4me
Jmat only a few times have i fished hillsville quarries even though the fishing is awesome i stick around town and fish the shenango alot, IMO tent city offers the best fishing in town from smallmouth to musky to carp and catfish

2013/02/06 22:25:20
jmat5
moooooo4me

Jmat only a few times have i fished hillsville quarries even though the fishing is awesome i stick around town and fish the shenango alot, IMO tent city offers the best fishing in town from smallmouth to musky to carp and catfish

Wow never heard of Muskies up at Cascade. You ever get one? I caught a lot of bass there but never heard of a musky out of there.
2013/02/07 16:03:01
moooooo4me
I meant the river for muskies not cascade, i once heard of a few small pike being caught out of 1 of the quarries in the shenango industrial park

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account