2013/02/03 18:57:19
CatchinPABass
Well my profile name gives it all away.  Love my bass fishing and tournament fishing!  Great rush, thrills, and alot of cool guys to meet.  Was wondering if anyone would like to share some of their favorite spring time patterns!  Two of mine are flipping a jig, tube, or crawfish stlye bait around wood or shallow weeded areas when they are staging for spawning!  Nothing like winching a big ole pig outta some heavy cover!  Cant beat the crankbaits/rattle traps around points either in the early spring as the water rises!  Any one else have cabin fever, been prepping tackle, and just ready to set the hook into a big ole largemouth or smallie?
2013/02/03 20:58:35
jmat5
Love the Live Target frogs on the lilly pads in mid summer at lake Arther
2013/02/03 21:20:56
CatchinPABass
Man, nothing like one blowing up on a frog or buzz bait!  I've had some real acrobats in my day!
2013/02/03 21:39:59
SmMouthSeeker
I take notes when I watch fishing shows or when I read an article. I don't have them with me right now, but I've seen new techniques that I'm going to try this year. One thing I'm going to give a serious try with is a the drop shot rig. This isn't a new thing but it is to me. I'm also going to use pumpkin head jigs this year too.
2013/02/03 21:55:23
CatchinPABass
Let me tell you, a drop shot rig catches so many fish its unbelieveable.  Catches all sorts of sizes.  I'm a fineese type of guy and I always have a drop shot ready, especially in the summer months.  When they are lock jaw its deff one of the best ways to go.  Tip from me though, always use a barrel swivel inbetween your drop shot rig and main line.  Saves you lots of headaches from line twist!
2013/02/04 12:03:29
moooooo4me
besides the usual original floaters, jointed, and husky jerks and the rebel crawdad lures for smallmouth on the river. i bought my first pack of shakey heads and a pack of powerbait green pumpkin chigger craws. so im looking forward to giving them a try

2013/02/04 14:38:40
jmat5
The other thing I like is the old rubber purple worm. Hate to give away my age but Mann's used to have a 6" purple rubber worm twisty tail that was coated in the FS-454. I wish they still made those. That was a couldn't miss bait at Arthur. It was like their dinner bell.
2013/02/04 15:38:28
Porktown
Drop shotting is one technique that I am glad that I added to my arsenal.   

No question about it, I am ready to get out fishing and Spring in general.  
2013/02/04 15:52:57
CatchinPABass
I hear you!  I use to catch em well on a purple Big Mr. Twister but the discontinued those as well.  Sucks when you find a deadly lure and go to buy it and its discontinued.  It was a shame when Gamma line company went out and some other spinnerbait companys I used to catch em on too. 
jmat5

The other thing I like is the old rubber purple worm. Hate to give away my age but Mann's used to have a 6" purple rubber worm twisty tail that was coated in the FS-454. I wish they still made those. That was a couldn't miss bait at Arthur. It was like their dinner bell.

2013/02/04 16:30:03
wetboot
Im pretty sure my favorite set-up would be the trigger x flutter worms...besides throwing an old moss boss or a buzz bait..

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account