2013/01/25 20:45:51
NeFiShNeTiMe
Walleye perch crappie walleye....... Can't wait to drill many many holes in the am!!
2013/01/25 20:50:13
slabdaddy
What time do the bait shops open down there at Pymie?
2013/01/25 20:51:05
nw/jigmaster
CatchinPABass

Is there 3 to 4 inches of black ice or is it mixed?  Sounds like some of these guys are half simple going out on it!  Especially sittin over 15 plus feet of water down at the Jamestown end.

2013/01/25 21:56:44
fish whisper
Be careful out there I went out of Tumbler and the south end didn't do any good fished lots of good spots I figured. The ice isnt as good as reported its 2-3 in most plays and 4 at best some really iffy spots out there
2013/01/25 23:38:22
Eman89so
I'll be there around 6. starting at Tuttle point. We will be in the cabela's shanty. My dad myself and my brother I'll be in all camo with my brown carthartt hat on. Come say hi if your around, best of luck lets rip!
2013/01/26 12:37:29
CatchinPABass
Solid 4 inches at the south end.  Another inch of ice on top of that as well but not as solid but shes safe to fish guys!  Good luck!
2013/01/26 22:17:46
NeFiShNeTiMe
Well.... How much did anybody have to pay for a fish today? I dropped everything I had down the hole today in many different spots and I sure couldn't buy a fish! Only seen 2 fish caught all day..... Ice was good on south 4-6. Jimmy town was only about 2.5... North was 2-4 of black ice. Marked tons of fish but they just had lock jaw!
2013/01/26 22:46:31
slabdaddy
NeFiShNeTiMe

Well.... How much did anybody have to pay for a fish today? I dropped everything I had down the hole today in many different spots and I sure couldn't buy a fish! Only seen 2 fish caught all day..... Ice was good on south 4-6. Jimmy town was only about 2.5... North was 2-4 of black ice. Marked tons of fish but they just had lock jaw!

^^^THIS. Frustrating has Heck. My buddy and I caught a handfull of nice gills and a few dink perch. Tons of fish marked. Tons of follows. Very few strikes. I did learn that the faint marks coming in on the Vex actually aren't faint marks. I kept seeing them, thinking there was a school of crappie on the outside of my cone. Nope. Gizzard shad. Drove me nuts.

4-4.5" of good ice off of Jamestown Beach #1
4" of IFFY ice off of Jamestown marina with 2.5-3" of Iffy ice scattered throughout.

BE VERY CAREFUL and I hope you did/do better than we did today.
2013/01/27 00:10:04
fish whisper
Pymy sucks right now, Wilhelm is where its at
2013/01/27 06:59:35
Pachuckles
Slabbdaddy said.... Tons of fish marked. Tons of follows. Very few strikes. I did learn that the faint marks coming in on the Vex actually aren't faint marks. I kept seeing them, thinking there was a school of crappie on the outside of my cone. Nope. Gizzard shad. Drove me nuts.
My grandson and I caught a mess of  smelt  last fall down in the Jamestown marina. Those might not have been  shad.   We had the same problem yesterday...lots 
           "lookers"  and no   "takers."     

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account