2013/02/12 20:18:18
CatchinPABass
Well Im not particulary from the area nor do I fish crappies much on the lake.  I mainly just try for them on the weekends through the ice but since the ice season was crappy and often times spotty I didnt get any meat for the freezer.  I also promised my girlfriend a few fun days on the lake through the ice and catching some slabs but it just never happened like years past.  Only got a few small gills and she was disapointed for it being her first year on the ice.  So guys Im asking for help.  Can you give me an area or depth these fish might stack up in March so my girlfriend and I can take my boat out and hopefully have some fun?  Im not asking for secret baits or extremely hot spots.   Just an area that may produce or has produced last year.  Any good fisherman should be able to figure what they want to eat that day so need to tell secret baits.  Private message me if you feel uncomfortable posting on here please.  On a second note, I bass fish pymie alot so maybe if you need to know a little more about bass fishing the lake I can help.  Im one of the weekend warrors when it comes to bass fishing the lake.  Willing to flop decent areas/info for your info.  Thanks guys!  Aaron 
2013/02/12 21:42:44
SmMouthSeeker
Aaron, Use caution if you do go out this time of the year. Don't go out if you have a tri haul or a john boat haul. Pymy grows big waves in the spring months, a lot of drownings happen this time of the year. I can't help you in regards to the fishing. People I know have been fishing the river. Sorry.
2013/02/12 21:47:22
jmat5
Probably best to go the local tackle shop and pick up a map. The maps will mark where the cribs are. Find the cribs and you will probably find the crappie. Also depends on the water temp in how shallow or deep they are. If it gets warm quick fish shallow, if your going out as soon as the ice breaks and the water is still in the low 40's find the deep cribs. And last just follow the other boats. But use the map. It's a wonderful tool. if you have a fish finder and a map you can find almost anything. And SmMouth is right be careful in the spring. I have a 17' V and have had water come up over the fron many times. It's a scary thing when your bow mount trolling motor vanishes for a second or two.
2013/02/12 21:59:05
CatchinPABass
Thanks guys.  Jmat-I'll deff try the maps.  Been there done that and I've captained my boat enough through pymie.  Gotta learn from experiences and when we fish tourneys in my 16 foot skiff (basically a flat john boat but tri haul looking design, actually my profile pic) or my buddys 21 foot Trition on 4 footers on Pymie or 6 footers on Erie you tend to learn the ways of navigation in waves.  Been at it since we was 15 years old and we are in our mid 20's now.  She'll deff take you if she wants but not only do you have to be good fisherman, you have to be a smart fisherman   Watching the weather is key on shallow lakes! 
2013/02/13 19:48:15
jmat5
Aaron,
There you go. Now the map will give you a pretty good idea where they are. Now you can use your sonar to pinpoint them, mark the way points and you should be goog to go. And as far as baits well if they are hungry they will hit on just about anything. I like using live bait for crappie but thats me. Good fishing bud.
2013/02/13 20:20:55
CatchinPABass
Good fishing to you as well Jmat.
2013/02/14 08:43:28
Rollingrock
Here is another map with more detail of the fish structures that were placed in the lake.  http://www.fish.state.pa.us/water/habitat/mgmt_plans/lake/pymatuning.pdf
2013/02/14 09:05:59
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Thanks for the map rollingrock
2013/02/14 09:39:06
fishinpreacher
Guys, thes maps are great thanks for posting them!
2013/02/14 12:33:30
eye crosser
Pay attention to dates when the piles were placed in the lake.  Some of the older ones on the map aren't there anymore.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account