2013/03/01 20:46:11
JerryS
The lat-long numbers on the 2013 trout stocking schedule at PFBC website and the special regs map show an upper boundary different from previous years. Coincidentally both the previous and new upper boundaries are abandoned RR grades.  Is this a misprint or did the DHALO section get longer this year?

Thanks
2013/03/01 22:05:05
beerman
I'm not sure about the "new" upper boundary. I wish I knew. Is this the railroad tressel off Andrusky Road?
2013/03/02 09:48:17
Accountant
Correct me if im wrong here, but i think they provide descriptions for boundries in the paper copy of the annual guide you receive w your license.  that might clear up this question.
2013/03/02 16:18:17
JerryS
beerman

I'm not sure about the "new" upper boundary. I wish I knew. Is this the railroad tressel off Andrusky Road?

About 300 yards upstream from the Andrusky Rd. tressel is an "abandoned" RR grade.  This is shown as the upper boundary two times on the PFBC website, the trout stocking page (GPS coordinates) and the highlighted stream map on the special regs page.

The original  upper boundary is an abandoned RR grade about a 1/2 mile downstream of the Andrusky rd tressel.

As "Accountant" suggested, I referred to the the summary book.  It states: Cool Spring Creek – 1.25 miles; from SR 2014 bridge upstream to the abandoned railroad grade.   This implies nothing has changed.  I will assume the book is correct and the website "mappers" are not.  Just hard to imagine they got the GPS coordinates wrong.

2013/03/02 20:15:48
beerman
I think the tressel off Andrusky Road is still used by trains, thus it is not abandoned.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account