• Northwest PA
  • looking for my best shot at having some fun with the kids
2013/02/24 06:18:02
dakota kid
Hey guys. I'm taking my daughters out for some hard water fishing this morning. They're still pretty young, 5 and 7 and the get bored quick. Which spot has the best bite right now? I don't really even care what species really. I was thinking Eaton would be the least boring and we actually may find a crappie or two to take home. Some of the guys said Pleasant had been producing, but I've put a lot of boring hours on that lake when the bite was off.  Is Misery currently fish-able? Can you ice fish 20 mile pond(I never have or know anyone else to, just curious)? 

I've fished all these lakes before, so tip and pointer aren't really necessary, just wondering what the action was like.
2013/02/24 08:12:17
smhj
I hear LP and Misery has been good for the past week.

2013/02/24 08:58:01
dakota kid
Thanks.
Any idea what's being caught? I assume sunnies and gills in Misery and pellet heads at Pleasant. I'm not big on gills, but they're one of the best target species for kids(easy to catch and unhook). I'd prefer some crappies or perch, but may hit misery instead of gambling on Eaton or Pleasant. 

Eaton is near my folk's house, which would make a nice place to grab lunch. Then again, I'd rather eat lantern toasted cheese if it means catching fish. I've also been to Eaton on the right day and filled my bucket with fatty slabs.

Ohhh decisions, decisions...................
2013/02/24 09:58:31
smhj
Yes lot's of pellet heads at LP. Some Perch at misery. Sorry no info on Eaton.
2013/02/24 17:14:09
loby
Chuckee Cheese! Then the kids will have lots of fun!
2013/02/27 18:14:42
dakota kid
^^^LOL They certain have fun there, but at least one of mine would rather fish. 

We ended up at eaton. Had a few light hits but that was all. I went back today to see if I could find um. No Luck. Ice is still good though, despite the 3" of water on top.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account