2012/12/25 21:23:48
troutguy
Nice fish as always.  Are we limiting ourselves to only eyes and upper river fish?  If so I don't have many more to add, if not then I'll dig up a lot more and of other species.  Looking at all the pics is getting me pumped for spring already!
edit: nevermind..the last pic is clearly not in Jamestown! lol 
2012/12/25 21:37:31
troutguy
Don't take lots of walleye pics, but here's some other stuff..

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2012/12/25 21:43:01
The Ref
Thanks for the info 5000 sounds like you do well up above the lowhead. I have spent some time at all the areas you mentioned...not in the last few years though. I plan on hitting it again more this winter and spring when I can get up there. I like to venture down below the foot bridge I remember there being some holes down there. I like bucktail jigs now...with chubs if I can get them. Your right this place is no secret. I've been watching the flow charts and its been up a bit the last week...I'm looking at Sat. to make a trip up...hopefully that storm tomorrow dosen't screw me up.
Trout nice ski you take it from the river? looks about 40 what did  you get it on?
2012/12/25 21:45:23
troutguy
Here's one from 2 years ago.  Numbers wise it was our best day there.  My brother and I got 39 fish(mostly eyes and a bunch of white bass, with a few other stuff) in just maybe 2 hours or so.  Nothing huge, but nonstop action.  Never had a day like that there ever since.  We went a week later(walleye opener) and was actually planning on taking a some home and only caught one baby eye the whole time, figures. 

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2012/12/25 21:52:43
The Ref
Very nice pics guys...makes me want to jump in the truck and head up there right now
2012/12/25 21:55:49
troutguy
Thanks. Yeah the musky is from the lower river, my first one from the Shenango and my second ever ski.  Got him on a live shiner fishing for pike if I rememer correctly.  I'd like to try to target them this year(and on the upper river) but it'll be hard to weed through the pike.  Getting a pike on the fly is one of my goals for the new year, I doubt that I'll get a musky on the fly though. 
2012/12/25 22:05:56
woodnickle
In that 3rd picture....I do well there for stripers. Landed a few pike but never a ski there. Some very nice largemouths also.
2012/12/25 22:07:41
CAPTAIN HOOK
Nice photos boys! Lets see some of your best anytime, anywhere fishing photos. We might need another new topic post to get it going. Someone want to start it I'm sure it will fill up.
2012/12/25 22:14:17
troutguy
That would be cool.  Something to look at to get us through the winter!
2012/12/26 07:27:47
The Ref
Good idea...since I'm a computer idiot how do you post pics on this site?? thanks

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account