2013/01/31 21:44:20
jmat5
I hate winter. I spend too much money. I have always used Rapala's on Pymy for eyes. I only used F-5 and the F-7 both floating and sinking. Fav colors are silver, gold and fire tiger. Gold always does the best for me, my buddy swears on strictly silver. I usually always troll. Well after doing some reading I might want to try some Reef Runners this year. Looking at the 500 series shallow diving. I bought a few gold and some other crazy colors. Does anyone use the Reef Runners on Pymy and if so what colors and size do you like to use? I also purchased a few gold and a few silver hot-n-tots to try this year.
2013/01/31 21:47:53
fish whisper
I hear the new hot n tots run more true but keep the same erotic action I think I'm going to give them a try, I bet reef runners would work they seem to be productive anywhere, but renoski's are hard to beat
2013/02/03 14:21:14
Mags00
If you're looking for true hard action the Lucky Craft Pointer 78DDs and 100DDs as well as 65/78XDs the new EPG Pointer series are super hard and run pretty well.  The prices are fairly dear to some people but I honestly love all my LC lures over any $5 specials any day... Aside from Rapala...  If you want to break the bank check out http://www.megabassusa.com/products/lures  but their lures run really erratic and hard...   I know a lot of people would call me crazy or say I'm goofy for saying "bass" lures for Eyes but it's a sweeping tide in the Walleye world...

2013/02/03 14:31:46
wade alexander
id like to try some of those chatterblade worm harnesses, and lindy river rockers look like they would be good  trollers
2013/02/03 21:43:21
SmMouthSeeker
I too am going to try reef runners on Pymy this year. Rapalas are great in the shallows in the early season. I really don't see how they're any different from a rapala. 
2013/02/04 11:10:16
chauncy
You'll see the diffrence when they dont stay tuned after a fish or two, or they dont run right straight out of the package. Be prepared to tune them often. When tuned right, they work very well.
2013/02/04 14:34:31
jmat5
Most lures need tuned. Most with the exception of Raps and even they need tuned every now and then.
2013/02/08 12:23:58
TheBlueLagoon
I checked out those Storm Rattle Tots, I really like the color schemes, can't wait to pick a few of those up.
2013/02/11 10:17:43
CU@theriver
IMO
lots lures these days to catch the fisherman/woman not the fish!!
The classics always have/ always will work.
Im getting pretty brand loyal anymore.
i.e. If Strike King makes it, i might try it.

Ive also gotten into rehabbing lures i find along lakes. Some fresh paint and some new hooks = new lure for very cheap.

Anyone read the PA or OH Game and Fish this month?
There's an article about UV dyed soft plastics baits..
2013/02/11 22:45:16
jmat5
Well CU I tend to agree with you. I am a hard core Rapala guy for the last 20 years. But every year I do like to throw some new ones out there. Some work and some don't. However by mid May I am usually back to old faithful.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account