2013/04/12 15:41:48
Panther99
Man the gauges on the streams are black and blue and on the north west side of the state very high.  A real disappointment for the opener. Is anyone going to hit the lakes or bay?
2013/04/12 16:56:54
troutguy
In regards to fishing, I can care less about the streams being blown out. Actually kinda happy in a way. I fish for trout every single month of the year, and  I think I can survive a couple days without catching dumb hatchery fish lol.  Since they won't be getting pounded this weekend there should be more fish in the streams in the following weeks, and the rain may spread them out a little. 

In regards to the opening day tradition with family, friends, etc. yeah this is a dissapointment.  The opener for me is more about the tradition than the fishing, I could fish streams the week before and catch just as many.  But the weekend festivities and everything else is what I enjoy. This will actually be the first opener I'll miss since I have prior plans happening tomorrow, so I guess it all works out on my part. 

Lakes and tailwaters if fishable will be PACKED
2013/04/12 17:40:01
Claypool313
Won't be a wash out everywhere.  Just make ya choose streams that drop faster than others.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account